2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Would like to recommend Roger Lemons, he has supplied and fitted a new toilet at my mums, also painted and put down new lino. Fantastic job.

Hello.

Can anyone offer suggestions for contractors to reinstate a Victorian fireplace?

I have a Victorian insert and a large hole in the chimney breast. I need a liner installed a hearth created and then the fireplace inserted.

I've tried a few people who don't do this work they only install wood burning stoves. one guy was rather negative and rather than give me a quote told me how expensive it is and a massive job which seems counterintuitive for getting business. I have one quote already so I know how much roughly it costs. unfortunately no matter how much chasing I do I cant get a response from this guy, again a bit counterintuitive for business.

any suggestions?

cheers

I was on the blue route Sheffield Supertram today and a man got on and started doing "street magic" :)

Now, I've never been a fan of "magic", I don't think there's any such thing, so I call it "illusions/sleight of hand" instead, but he impressed me very much indeed, he performed some great tricks, you really couldn't see how he did them at all (and one was very spooky - both I and the man stood watching next to me thought of the same playing card, how on earth did that happen?!). His "chat" was also very entertaining and he certainly made the journey pass very quickly.

So, if anyone's looking for an event entertainer, have a look at Robert Cropper's profile on FB (the photo is a man holding up a fan of cards) :)

Can anyone recommend a builder/bricklayer/paving?

We had a recent cellar conversion but the company went into liquidation without completing the work and we are left with outstanding external work that needs completing. Building steps for access from cellar, which was excavated out, up to garden and paving work. Also front egress window/surrounding area needs finishing.

Only reliable people please we're still a bit scarred from the previous experience...

thanks

Hi we would be happy to take a look but are currently very busy..

If it's not too urgent I'd be happy to call for a chat!

I also wouldn't expect any cash upfront for labour, just when jobs finished and your satisfied!

Thanks James

James is a good bricklayer, done a few jobs for me in the past.

Does anybody know of a good window cleaner in s7 to do a big 4 storey house on kenwood park road for this week

Thank you Lee S6 HandyMan you have done a brill job with the flooring in our flat. The last room looks amazing. Lee has done a lot of work in our flat and i cannot fault what he does. Also the fact we dont have to be home all day as he is 100% trust worthy.

Hello

would need recommendation for a firm able to do a conversion to my garage, plus converting the corridor between garage and house in a bathroom and cupboard, and then covering the whole lot with a fiberglass roof. Would need a firm with a bricklayer, joiner, plumber, electrician, tiler etc

I have already been in touch with LSM builders, but would like other options

Best wishes

MV

Hi there, I'm after recommendations for someone reliable to fix a uPVC window in a letted property in Intake that won't open. Usual problem, suspect the mech inside has broken so one of the two latches won't release.

Hi could anyone recommend a reputable place to pave and grass back yard please? Preferably if you have had work done by them yourselves.

Hi could anyone recommend a reputable place to pave and grass back yard please? Preferably if you have had work done by them yourselves.

Try these: http://www.charnocksurfacing.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/CharnockSurfacing/

They did our drive a few years back & I cannot fault them.

Steven1234 has moved some furniture for us today from one property to another and we are very happy with the service. Brilliant work and a cracking price thanks Steve