2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

A great example of how fantastic the forum site is. My elderly neighbour had a blocked toilet/drain and after looking on the forum for others who'd had a similar problem and who they'd recommended, we soon came across ROCKY1. He didn't disappoint - true to form he replied soon after message sent and provided a great service. Highly recommended. So a huge thank you to the forum, the people who use and report sensibly and to Rocky1.:):):):)

Just had a new staircase fitted by Jeff and Paul , I can highly recommend these guys . Arrived on time both days , excellent joinery skills , kept the mess down has much has they could . We will be definitely using them again . Cheers ??

Been telephoning electricians from the directory but lots of non answers and dead lines? Can anyone recommend a good electrician please to fit built in oven?

Been telephoning electricians from the directory but lots of non answers and dead lines? Can anyone recommend a good electrician please to fit built in oven?

I can highly recommend Sam Roberts electrical Services His number is 07446 111317

Recommendation for NRF Construction based in Chesterfield. Did my driveway and did a spot on job. Really nice guys as well so a pleasure to have them around.

Nick: 07737418942

I can highly recommend Sam Roberts electrical Services His number is 07446 111317

Thank you

I will call him.

Big recommendation for leepy (Lee) he has decorated ny kitchen and it looks fantastic, lovely guy, did a great job, tidied up after himself aswell, how many men do that? Haha. In all seriousness, very professional work.

Edited by lubylou

Originally Posted by mmitchell View Post

Totally agree with the recommendation for Sam - he installed new sockets for me in a room prior to plastering, as well as moving a light switch, at the end of last year. Work was brilliant and he was so helpful - and at a sensible price. Good tradesman.

Also going to make a mention for the plasterer who did the other part of the work - second time I have used him and he is brilliant too!

Chris McVann at Mac Plastering http://www.mac-plastering.com/

If anyone wants a good plumber I recommend Sam Lovatt of Dearne Plumbing and Bathrooms. He did a tricky job for me that other plumbers weren't interested in, and the price was very reasonable. Thanks Sam!

Any recommendations for providing and fitting a replacement garage door?

Another recommendation for Jeff the Joiner (jsmith2009). He's just completed a range of joinery work at my house. The work was completed on time and to the usual high standards that Jeff prides himself on - you cant ask for more than that! Thanks again Jeff.

James.