2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Just to place a recommendation for Dan Campbell, did our flat roof 2 months ago, replaced it with fibreglass roof, did a good job, cleared the site, gave a fair quote for the work, charged what he quoted. Highly satisfied and would definately use again.

Thanks Ian. (Hopefully you'll not have to use me again soon!).

Can anyone advise me off somebody in Sheffield who we can trust to do us some work ??? I need a few jobs doing namely a kitchen extractor hood fitting, a cooker gas supply moving and some tiling,,,, who to call ? Too many rip off merchants I'm afraid of ?!?!?!?!

HELP

electrical fault finding needed.

The house was completely rewired approximately 9 years ago.

starting approximately 2 years ago very occasionally we have experienced a tripping RCD issue.

the areas affected are the top floor bedroom sockets and some of the kitchen sockets. This seems to happen when the light in the top floor ensuite is switched on/off. It doesn’t happen all the time; it is very rare in the summer and happens more frequently in winter, particularly in bad weather.

More recently we have noticed the living room (ground floor) and kitchen (also ground floor) ceiling lights sometimes flicker, this seems to be quite random.

Approximately 1 year ago we had an electrician come and look at the wiring/assess the problem. He looked at the wiring but didn’t actually test anything. He thought he found a loose wire, which he tightened. The problem quickly recurred/wasn’t fixed by this and remains an issue.

Any suggestions and recommendations for a good, qualified electrician to come and fully test and hopefully resolve this problem?

thanks

Edited by bolt

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a company that can replace double glazed window panels that are in a block of flats please.

Scaffolding not an option!

Thanks

We have a fence panel that is damaged and with the recent winds, we want it replacing. Just wondered if any can recommend anyone around the S20 area and who can do it as soon as possible? Thanks.

I just wanted to post a recommendation for Flames of Sheffield who supplied me with my lovely fire surround. From initial contact, Lee was extremely helpful giving me ideas & advice & showing me different styles.

The price quoted was the price paid & was extremely competitive.

I have the fire surround fitted now & it looks lovely.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company & this comes with many thanks to both Lee & Helen at Flames of Sheffield. (Hillsborough Barracks)

Many thanks too to the eternally reliable, trustworthy, extremely hardworking Leepy (Lee Rodgers 07946237432) for the fitting of the above.

I've used fresh and clean for years,do a superb job.

When my dad did a 25ncher last year - not braggingwe - had to get the carpet rugs cleaned after- 28 quid - worth it

Hi

Can anyone recommend a electrician that can give safety certificate for rewriting of whole house? Does it need doing? How will I know if it legally needs doing? Been quoted 3 grand for whole house is that a lot? Thanks

hi

can anyone recommend somone to replace cast guttering/fall pipes with upvc fascias/soffitts/guttering/fallpipes on a ex council 3 bed semi detatched property.easy access(no garages etc).

and roughly what is the cost?

Ian