2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Hi All,

Have a Victorian terrace that badly needs sand blasting to remove excessive amounts of paint and all the mortar joints repointing. Has anyone got any recommendations for both a sand blasting company and someone for repointing.

Thanks

I'm a builder and use a guy called Mark for any pointing jobs I come across. Always been on time, honest and left a quality job. Well worth a try.

Mark 07746930157. Recommended by Richard.

---------- Post added 16-11-2015 at 18:58 ----------

Can anyone recommend a good roofer please.

Its for the rebedding of the hip and ridge tiles on a semi detached bungalow in Dronfield.

There are only 5 ridge tiles and then 2 rows of hip tiles.

Thanks

I can recommend Nick @ T & N Roofing in Sheffield. Honest, reliable and time served. As usual though, he's good so he's generally busy!

Nick 07946410124. Tell him Richard the builder passed him on.

Cheers

---------- Post added 16-11-2015 at 19:01 ----------

ACA windows at Heeley supply all my UPVC. they're well worth a try.

Alan or Kay on 0114 2553666.

---------- Post added 16-11-2015 at 19:02 ----------

I'm looking for a company to reseal two of my double glazed windows which are getting condensation (the man who originally fitted them has retired) - does anyone have any recommendations please? Thank you for your help.

ACA windows at Heeley supply all my UPVC. they're well worth a try.

Alan or Kay on 0114 2553666.

---------- Post added 16-11-2015 at 19:05 ----------

Anyone recommend a joiner/kitchen fitter that is able to fit a kitchen end Nov/early Dec?

You could try Gavin on 07786 043142. He's a joiner I've used for a few years now and has always done a quality job at a fair price.

Can anyone recommend any good carpet cleaners in Sheffield that are of a reasonable price ?

We have used Fresh N Clean tel 0114-2690004, for years, great firm turn up on time & do an excellent job.

Can't beat Carl from Pro-Clean. Brilliant job and good price too.

Get the rug doctor machine from Morissons?

Get the rug doctor machine from Morissons?

Tesco Extra on Saville St as well.

Wood's Carpet cleaning are brilliant. Very professional turn up on time! Prices are good too they have an offer on at the moment my first carpet was £25 an then any carpet I wanted cleaning after that was £10 per carpet so had the full house done!

David - 07582 86853

Edited by samantha22

I had Paul from Able Garage Doors over to look at my faulty photo cell beam on an electric roller door. He came when promised and was in the area and didn't charge me as it was an intermittent fault. I was happy and prepared to pay call out but didn’t ask for it! Instead of selling a whole new system due to a discontinued model he sourced a spare light bean and fitted. I strongly recommend his service as honest, prompt, reliable and excellent value. Cheers Michael.

Able Garage doors 0114 247 6597

Edited by mandn

Also had Paul from Able Garage Doors. Replaced lock and put Door Seal.Very pleased with the work he did ,Also did work for my neighbor who was also very satisfied and told us about him.

I would like to recommend Matthew forum username (matty_c) from Cozy Stoves, who came out and fitted a new flue liner and register plate for our new multi fuel burner and did all the usual smoke tests to make sure it was all sealed. He was friendly, turned up on time and very professional from start to finish. Cozy Stoves are very honest and reasonably priced.

I would recommend him to my family and friends.

His contact number is 07825496984

Hi All,

We're looking into having our cellar renovated and wondered if anyone could recommend some companies for quotes?

It's not a massive cellar, nor is it especially damp but we'd like it to be a useful room, perhaps as a bit of a utility space, and perhaps with a loo down there and potentially moving the boiler down there from one of the bedrooms.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations and apols if this is a covered elsewhere, I tried looking in the megathread but couldn't find anything.

Thanks, Sam