2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Can anybody recommend a painter/decorator for the S8 area? Is it something that is reasonably affordable?

I am wanting a new banister for stairs and landing old one been removed stairs them selves are OK looking at these that are glass wood stainless a more modern look anyone know anyone that will come look and tell me what we need and cost to do it

Just had a new bathroom suite tiles etc installed by Gerry 07946515897 Work with Gas, previously Willow Gas Services, good job at a good price much less than many quotes I had.

I've had Matt at MJB Electrical do all my electric work for a few years now and can HIGHLY recommend them! Very reasonably priced, helpful and friendly.

Matt - 0779 5264 415

Can I recommend Jeff the joiner, just had windows and doors fitted by him, excellent work and is prompt with quotes and replying :)

hi jessica thank you very much for the work . ta jeff

corgigasman on here, Steve, just spent 4 days at a property up in Barnsley swapping out a back boiler system for a new combi. boiler and set up a Nest thermostat at the same time.

Quote experience was professional, price was competitive and the work was excellent.

Steve even came back yesterday to yank out a redundant pipe we found hidden in a leftover cupboard. As part of the job he removed all detritus of the existing system and exchanged a radiator old-for-new. New system looks the business and we hope it will give many years of service. I have no issues recommending Steve.

i recently had my mums gas fire serviced. but when the guy did a test the flue was leaking fumes. he is unable to repair and need someone to come and gives us a quote.

does anyone know who maybe able to repair?

corgigasman on here, Steve, just spent 4 days at a property up in Barnsley swapping out a back boiler system for a new combi. boiler and set up a Nest thermostat at the same time.

Quote experience was professional, price was competitive and the work was excellent.

Steve even came back yesterday to yank out a redundant pipe we found hidden in a leftover cupboard. As part of the job he removed all detritus of the existing system and exchanged a radiator old-for-new. New system looks the business and we hope it will give many years of service. I have no issues recommending Steve.

Thank you for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated :-)

Just had a new bathroom suite tiles etc installed by Gerry 07946515897 Work with Gas, previously Willow Gas Services, good job at a good price much less than many quotes I had.

Thanks David, thanks for the recommendation

Gerry

Got a Samsung 40" led tv and its recently started showing small green and white lines all over the screen they go on for abit then go off, and go from annoying to can't see the screen. Anybody have any ideas what might be up with it ?

Anyone know a decent tv engineer that could just come and take a quick look to say if it's worth repairing or not or would a picture suffice ?, it is about 5 or 6 years old to be fair but I really do love it and would like to get it fixed if it could be ???

Thank you

Hi everyone can anyone recommend someone who does joinery out is a handyman, I need something doing it is only a small job and shouldn't take long, I'm wanting a frame building around my bath so I can time over it, if anyone can help or knows anyone who can I would be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance ! :help: