2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Recommendation for Jeff Smith (Joinery Solutions). Recently replaced some wooden windows and door in our utility room. End result looks great. Have used Jeff once before, very professional and high-level of craftsmanship/skill/attention to detail.

hi Tom thank you for the work again ta jeff

Hello

Can anyone recommend a carpet fitter (for two sets of stairs and a bedroom)? We've got the carpet and most shops will only fit their own stock so we're really struggling to find anyone. Thanks!

hi

can anyone recommend someone who can take out a gas fire and surround, cap off the gas supply to it, brick up the hole and plaster it?

Thanks

Andy

i am also looking for someone to build and fit me some large gates to teh side of my house

Hi Andy

In regards to your Gas Fire, I can highly recommend Gerry from Willow Gas

My family and friends have been using him for over a year now with various works and he's outstanding. He took out my friends gas fire, capped it etc just like your after and did a fab job.

Very professional, very tidy and a thoroughly nice guy !

Here's his number

Gerry 07946 515897

S xx

hi thanks for the reply, once i move into the house ive bought i will be sure to get Gerry round to quote and see what he can do, thanks again.

Hi, we are looking for someone to do damp-work and some minor structural work in a typical sheffield cellar, also some work on the roof. Any recommendations would be appreciated! We have so far come across First Active roofing, GTR roofers, RWBJ ltd - has anyone used any of these companies, and if so would you recommend them? Thanks :)

Hi all

We have just had our kitchen electrics sorted out by Sam Roberts - 07446111317 - thoughly recommend him. A good price and his work is great, very tidy. nice bloke as well which is a plus.

Also we have had it all plastered and we used Stewart Anderson - 07952331774 - again great bloke and his work is fantastic. We are very pleased with what he has done and was very tidy and neat which is a major plus for a plasterer!! Made sure he stayed until he was happy it was all done.

Been really impressed by both of the guys which I found thanks to recommendations on the Forum.

Hi, I want to knock through from my tiny kitchen to the dining room, possibly encorporate the side return, put in some French Doors and plaster the whole lot! Quite a big job. Any recommendations for a company/builder to higher? Please PM me the ones to avoid, I'm new to Sheffield!

Thank you

Another massive recommendation for jodie23387 (the aforementioned Dave in this thread). He worked two Saturday's for me digging up a greenhouse concrete base then coming back to shift two tonne of top soil to fill the gap.

My house has extremely steep flight of stairs up to it and he worked unbelievably hard, in the pouring rain, at 8.30 on a Saturday morning. Reliable, trustworthy, polite and fantastic value. Handyman of this quality are in short supply (we usually use the fantastic S6 handyman Lee but then the rest of Sheffield discovered him and I needed a job doing at short notice!) Will be using you again Dave!

Another massive recommendation for jodie23387 (the aforementioned Dave in this thread). He worked two Saturday's for me digging up a greenhouse concrete base then coming back to shift two tonne of top soil to fill the gap.

My house has extremely steep flight of stairs up to it and he worked unbelievably hard, in the pouring rain, at 8.30 on a Saturday morning. Reliable, trustworthy, polite and fantastic value. Handyman of this quality are in short supply (we usually use the fantastic S6 handyman Lee but then the rest of Sheffield discovered him and I needed a job doing at short notice!) Will be using you again Dave!

Thank you for recommendation and thanks for the work Angela.

Recommendation for MT Services - tiler.

Found Miles through My Builder.com so he was all reference checked etc. left him a message to provide a quote, he was round to provide a no obligation quote within 24 hrs.

Excellent communication leading up to him doing the job (tiling of kitchen nd utility).

Very competitively priced. Excellent quality work and nice bloke.

He's new to the forum, don't let this put you off as he's only just started back working in Sheffield. Highly recommend!

Contact number 07714785956.

Hi

I have just had a new boiler and radiators fitted throughout my home by Steve - corgigasman and would like to recommend him. He was really helpful, always turned up on time and did a great job!

Thanks

Sarah

Hi

I have just had a new boiler and radiators fitted throughout my home by Steve - corgigasman and would like to recommend him. He was really helpful, always turned up on time and did a great job!

Thanks

Sarah

Thank you for the feedback/recommendation, it is greatly appreciated :-)