2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Hello,

I am looking for a plumber that can help with a toilet fitment in a bathroom. Does anyone know of a decent, trustworthy plumber who would pick up a small job like this?

Before the admins close me down, I can find the plumbers links but i'm specifically looking for recommendations based on the size of the job.

Thanks in advance.

I'd like to put in a strong recommendation for Gosh at Byte IT (username MoZaLaN on here). My husband's computer was in a complete mess and was grinding to a halt. Following on from recommendations for Gosh, I took it to him and he has done the most wonderful job on sorting out all the software problems, replacing some failing parts, and generally making it run like it did when it was first bought 5 years ago.

Gosh is the nicest, most generous, helpful person I have come across in a very long time. He is extremely knowledgeable and I can thoroughly recommend him.

http://www.byteitltd.co.uk/

Looking for a painter / decorator. Even better if he can do plastering or dustless sanding.

Hi, I'm in need of a builder in S6 to remove the chimney in our kitchen and install necessary support etc. We also have some damp proofing which needs doing, ideally at the same time.

Can anyone recommend a good builder or is anyone on here potentially able to carry out the work? I've tried contacting a couple places but haven't been able to get anyone to come and provide a quote yet as I realise now is a pretty busy time.

Just had a kitchen fitted by Jeff of Joinery Solutions 07861379796 (you'll find him on this forum as jsmith2009). Excellent job, very professional and great communication throughout the project. All tradesmen he works with are spot on so if you need a kitchen fitted give him a call.

Thanks Phil

Thank you phil ta jeff

I am looking for a gardener to clear a garden - very overgrown with bushes and long grass.

Also, I require a full house clean (4 bed, 2 reception rooms, kitchen, bathroom).

Required for w/c 17th August.

Would be very grateful for recommendations! :confused:

Thanks

Me and my neighbour need some household rubbish moving next week. Anyone reccomend someone who is reliable and reasonable.?

Gardener required in s9 (wincobank) to cut hedges and general tidying of garden on a regular basis, recommendations please.

Need builder for building garage base asap, any recommendations welcome

They must be qualified and have PLI

---------- Post added 08-08-2015 at 09:24 ----------

Hi I'm trying to find recomendations for a gardener called Gary please. Has anyone on here had any work done by him? Thanks

If you mean Gary at Cut Back Gardens, he has just done my mum's

His number is 07557883821

We'd like to strongly recommend and say a very big 'Thank you!' to Whitecliffes Builders for turning our semi-derelict Victorian wash house into a beautiful garden room and den, complete with new slate roof. They were absolutely professional in everything they did, came when they said they would, discussed the work with us on a daily basis, kept us informed of problems and progress, and were full of good ideas. They also took the nasty surprises left by the 19th century builders in their stride! The MD Eric was an absolute delight to work with, professional, highly skilled, patient and good-humoured - we really valued his planning, knowledge and sound suggestions. He came every morning to oversee progress and bring needed materials. Martin and John did the bulk of the work and were lovely guys to have working around the place, highly skilled at what they did, always reliable, polite and friendly, great sense of humour, early starters every day, and never failed to clean and tidy up before leaving. We would not hesitate to have Whitecliffes back. Thanks again, guys! J & P

Mod note

for quotes please place an advert in the classifieds, under "Jobs"

Thanks

Edited by Plain Talker