2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Anyone know a reputable readonably priced plumber in Sheffield as wanting a shower cubicle replacing in en-suite. Thanks.

I can't speak highly enough of Sam Lovatt, Dearne Plumbing & Bathrooms. We had four old bathrooms stripped out and new bathrooms fitted by Sam. The floors were in a terrible state and Sam did a fantastic job sorting everything out.

He is a perfectionist provided the highest standard of work, very reliable, friendly and well organised. Always helpful and informative. I would recommend him to anyone.

Tel: 07909842848

---------- Post added 13-06-2015 at 11:20 ----------

Anyone needing a Joiner I can highly recommend Jeff Smith, he hung our doors, fitted solid wood floors and some laminate floors, skirting, and countless other things we asked him to undertake, the standard of work shows his attention to detail.

He doesn't leave a mess, if friendly and organised and very helpful.

That's Jeff on 07861 379 796 / 0114 220 3563

---------- Post added 13-06-2015 at 11:23 ----------

Matt (Buza) Burrell and his team did our downlights and some other electrical works through our house.

I can definitely say his team work cleanly and are very understanding, we had just moved in and stuff was everywhere, in their way, but they never complained and helped to move stuff around when they needed the space.

I can't recommend them enough.

[email protected]

---------- Post added 13-06-2015 at 11:33 ----------

We had Richard Berry over to do one of our bathrooms and I can honestly say he's one of the hardest working tilers I've seen, he produced immaculate results in our downstairs loo and I would recommend him to anyone.

Don't be put off by the name, he came all the way out to Whirlow to do our job.

Wickersley Tiling - Quality Tiler

01709 548250

07759 498250

---------- Post added 13-06-2015 at 11:39 ----------

If you need a gardener then I would higly recommend Roots and Shoots Landscapes who have been in the job for over 20 years and it shows in the quality of work.

Most gardeners leave a pile of rubbish behind but with Richard all the waste is removed and recycled, everything is left in a tidy state which is difficult in our garden as we have two massive trees that shed needles all over the place.

My fingers are definitely not green so we called him over and he has tended to our unruly garden with visits every other week and turned it into a paradise.

You can contact Richard on 0114 287 5283 or 0796 8837512, he does everything from mowing and lawn care to tree felling and landscaping.

---------- Post added 13-06-2015 at 11:53 ----------

If you need a roofer I would only recommend one man, Dan is the best, we had three quotes for a job on our roof which the previous owner had got some rogue traders to do.

Of the three quotes Dan was the only one who didn't try to rip us off just because we live in Whirlow. You can trust him to do a great job for a good price.

You can get him on 07766016099.

If you need a plasterer call this bloke he's brill ,PC plastering and coving on 07870564555 you won't be disappointed

Hi All,

I put an ad in this forum for someone to cut my Ivy hedges. The chap we chose is called Gary. He gave us a quote for what we wanted doing and this included all the clippings etc to be removed and left tidy. Payment when it is all done too. He is friendly and very helpful, reliable and professional.........he knows his job!.

He came and cut our hedges today and we am delighted with the work he has done and his reasonable rates. Our hedge looks so neat and tidy.

My husband and I would like to Recommend

Gary at "Cut Back" Phone 07557883821

Has made a grand job Thanks Gary!!!

Thanks to the sheffield forum too because that is how we found Gary!!

Pat and Phil

Edited by maxiesmum
forgot something!

Hi

Thanks for the recommendation will speak soon

Matt Burrell

Good electrician - Matt Burrell - Knows what he is talking about and Fitted my underfloor heating quickly.

http://www.mjb-electricalservices.co.uk

Can anybody recommend a builder to replace a damaged concrete window lintel please.

Edited by Louby62

Hi,

Need a kitchen fitter, just the worktop and sink putting into a small kitchen.

Im in S7 area.

Any recommendations please.

thanks

Gerry Simpson is fab

Did my sisters kitchen and a few girls at work

07946 515897

Hi,

Need a kitchen fitter, just the worktop and sink putting into a small kitchen.

Im in S7 area.

Any recommendations please.

thanks

I just had a new kitchen installed by Rowland Property Services. They had previously fitted bathrooms for me. Excellent workmanship and very friendly, reliable workers. I would recommend them for bathroom and kitchen fitting. Check out their website.

We have several beds (one is a seriously big cabin bed) and some wardrobes to move that need partially de-constructing and then re-constructing in a new address in a house move. Both old and new houses are in the Wadsley area and I will have enough on my plate on moving day than messing with these items!

Any recommendations for a firm that are ok sorting these items only, while we crack on with the rest of the stuff?

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

I can highly recommend RCD Electrical for any electrical work.

I've used them for a few different jobs now and they were excellent every time. Competitive price, arrive when they say they will, good workmanship, clean and tidy jobs and friendly and polite.