2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

After working in my house for a certain period of time, now I would like to recommend Steve as a proper plasterer for the house plastering and gardening as well. He is a honest man and an efficient worker, communicating with him is quite easy through the progress. If you got a job for plastering, I would recommend him for sure.

To contact this bloke: 07535 554256

I would strongly recommend Jeff the joiner! He put my staircase back together after a very dodgy DIY effort from my landlord !! Fast friendly and reliable :))

Jeff the joiner 07861379796

Review no longer viable...

Edited by H.P
tradesmans work blowing off in the wind

Hi,

I am lookimg for a few recommendations for tradesman / small firm to fit velux in loft room, replaster the rooms, do some electric work, and possibly decorate as well.

Thanks in advance.

James

I can also recommend Lee S6 Handyman. We just moved into a house a week before Christmas and needed to fit curtain poles and a washing machine. When I called him he was chock-a-block but came back to me and managed to squeeze us in before Christmas which we were really happy with. And as well as the jobs he came for he also managed to do another couple of quick ones like repairing a gate lock. A nice bloke, quick and tidy too. Will call him again!

I can also recommend Lee S6 Handyman. We just moved into a house a week before Christmas and needed to fit curtain poles and a washing machine. When I called him he was chock-a-block but came back to me and managed to squeeze us in before Christmas which we were really happy with. And as well as the jobs he came for he also managed to do another couple of quick ones like repairing a gate lock. A nice bloke, quick and tidy too. Will call him again!

Thanks for the feedback,happy new year lee,S6 :):):):):)

I would strongly recommend Jeff the joiner! He put my staircase back together after a very dodgy DIY effort from my landlord !! Fast friendly and reliable :))

Jeff the joiner 07861379796

hi Alison thanyou for the kind words ta jeff

I also wanted to thank Thomas and Avante. Our removals on the 9th Dec '14 went like clockwork. A great, prompt and efficient service as usual. Thanks again.:)

just had 3 John Lewis bookcases/storage units put together by Mark from "Flatpack Freedom" 01246 558303 (Chesterfield) Seeing him work made me realise it would have been a nightmare to do myself. 6 hours hard work for a very reasonable price. Excellent job.

Hi,

I'm wanting to put an offer in on a house this week and wanted to know a few things first.

1) I know the house will need work but I'm not sure of the extent of it

2) Will it be possible to get quotes in this situation?

3) Don't worry I would still get a survey!

Any help and advice would be brilliant!

Thanks,

Nina

moved last year and had work done-learned a lot!

1. always get 3 quotes

2. ask for references from previous clients esp. if it's an expensive job

3. get everything in writing

4. make sure you/your builder gives you the correct official paperwork for rewiring, boiler work, building regs etc.

Good luck with the move!

If you can get the builder access to the house they can give you a quote without access if you have sizes and what you want done they can rough quote and when you are in give you a proper quote

I would suggest getting anyone who quotes back when you get your survey just to make sure everything is covered