2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Is the paint oilbased or waterbased?

Is the paint oilbased or waterbased?

I'm not sure -- it came with the house.

A scrabbler might do the job but it might also damage the face of the brick, Google scrabbler and you'll see what I mean.

Cheers, Chris @ MAC Plastering

We live in a Victorian end terrace and are wanting to convert our cellar into a utility room / occasional room. Can anyone that's had past experience of this recommend any companies or tradesmen?

Cheers,

Simon

I have one of those annoying victorian houses where the alcoves are completely different measurements than any off the shelf shelving! Ive searched a fair bit, and have decided its probably better to get bespoke shelves made.

Ive never done this before and wonder if one of the many timber companies in shefield is the best place to start, im reluctant to go straight to B&Q.

I dont know however if my job is too small for a timber merchant, but id probably want around 20-25 shelves made, all pretty much the same, but a few with a rounded corner.

Im thinking of a fairly nice wood, probably oak

Anyone done this, got any tips or advice, or even recommendations?

Call for a quote but I'm not free until late November

Edited by joiner andy

Any decent builder can do it or there are dedicated basement conversion companies.

hi guys, after someone to fit a wood burner for my mum, we have the burner already, will require a flue pipe fitting etc, finding it hard to get quotes for some reason, been let down twice, and just waiting on a guy tomorrow. thought I would throw it out to my SF pals!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

hi guys, after someone to fit a wood burner for my mum, we have the burner already, will require a flue pipe fitting etc, finding it hard to get quotes for some reason, been let down twice, and just waiting on a guy tomorrow. thought I would throw it out to my SF pals!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Hi! I recommend Richard Dean Ltd

Tel 07973722364 or 01142448838

He was recommended to me when I had my wood burning stove fitted, and I had excellent service from him and his staff.

Owing to damp i need to have my cavity wall insulation REMOVED doe's anyone know a local firm that can do it p;ease let me know.

Hi all,

I need some plug sockets changing. Does anyone know or could recommend a decent electrician please. The plug sockets also need moving as they are all clumped together.:help:

If you need a gas engineer I also recommend METGAS, speak to Mike at 07592418536. A really nice that's been servicing my boiler for years. Needed to do a boiler survey at a property I am buying recently and he sorted it out for me as well, very well done and very pleased, thanks Mike!