Brake fitting for a car

Wow, you are so moneysupermarket.

And your so "confused.com" ;)

Edited by Dardandec

You are the oracle of facts....not, I cannot wait for the school holidays to be over so we can get rid of you too.

---------- Post added 04-08-2014 at 18:14 ----------

Every garage will rip you off, its the nature of the business, its just to what extent that matters to you, also remember all the garages will tell you they are using the best components when the reality is they will always be using the cheapest parts they can source to increase the profit margin so they can set their rip off level lower for less impact.

Please don't tar everyone with the same brush! Me and my other half have no intention of 'ripping anybody off'. I've even shown my customers receipts to prove the price we pay for parts just to put their minds at rest! We use quality parts and we get them at trade, so that's what we charge our customers! We don't get parts at trade then make a bit of money off them either! There are some decent people and garages out there, it's just finding them ?

You are the oracle of facts....not, I cannot wait for the school holidays to be over so we can get rid of you too.

Every garage will rip you off, its the nature of the business, its just to what extent that matters to you, also remember all the garages will tell you they are using the best components when the reality is they will always be using the cheapest parts they can source to increase the profit margin so they can set their rip off level lower for less impact.[/QUOT

---------- Post added 10-08-2014 at 12:25 ----------

not every garage rips you off!

its like saying chip shops rip you off because you are buying something from them!

you pay for a product and the business supplies you with a service, end of!

if you like a product from the business, you then go back and buy another product.

Every garage will rip you off, its the nature of the business, its just to what extent that matters to you, also remember all the garages will tell you they are using the best components when the reality is they will always be using the cheapest parts they can source to increase the profit margin so they can set their rip off level lower for less impact.[/QUOT

---------- Post added 10-08-2014 at 12:25 ----------

not every garage rips you off!

its like saying chip shops rip you off because you are buying something from them!

you pay for a product and the business supplies you with a service, end of!

if you like a product from the business, you then go back and buy another product.

Not really, you have a good idea how much chips should be, most of us are already very good chip valuers, vehicle mechanics and parts are a different ball game. Part of that good service you speak of is price, as in keeping the rip off level down.