Furniture Store on Kilner Way

Can anyone remember what was the name of the Furniture Shop that stood on Kilner Way in 1976? I have two friends who are having great difficulty in remembering things and they've asked me several times about this store but I haven't a clue, can anyone help?

Can anyone remember what was the name of the Furniture Shop that stood on Kilner Way in 1976? I have two friends who are having great difficulty in remembering things and they've asked me several times about this store but I haven't a clue, can anyone help?

Furniture factors is now gala bingo mfi wasn't on Kilner way

Furniture factors is now gala bingo mfi wasn't on Kilner way

Furniture Factors is what I was looking for.

There were 2 units at the top end of Kilner Way and I thought that as you approached them from Halifax Rd, Furniture Factors was on the left of the site and it later became a Paul Eyres carpet store. the right hand one was Carpet Choice (I worked there),but I don't recall any other company using that unit before the Bingo people took it.

I think before carpet choice it was called Queensway

I think before carpet choice it was called Queensway

Yes it was Queensway.

I think Queensway was on the left as you came up kilner way and furniture factor is where the gala bingo is. I can remember a scrap yard way over on the right and jupitor was a D.Y.I shop on the site where the comet was.

---------- Post added 31-12-2014 at 15:24 ----------

Ps there was a petrol station behind gateway.

Is that Kilner way Wadsley Bridge?

It was MFI. I was on the opening team in 1976. Drove there in my Capri GTXLR. Later went back to be manager in around 1979. When it opened MFI had only 12 branches with is 12 more than it has now. Seemed to recall one of the sales people was Miss Yorkshire TV. I went to Abbeydale Grammar. Had the pleasure of serving 'Vince' Cooper PE Teacher and 'Cass' Massey Head.

I had a friend worked there about 1979 Robert Hanson

... mfi wasn't on Kilner way
MFI actually WAS on Kilner Way in the late 1970s/early 1980s. :)

MFI was on Kilner Way, I collected a table and chairs in 1977.