Reversing a pattern

Hello fellow knitters! :smile:

Wow! It's been ages since I've been on here and from what I see it's been very quiet.

At the moment I'm knitting a matinee coat for a very dear friend. It's a Sirdar Snuggly pattern no. 3402 (just in case anyone else has it). I've got 4 weeks to sort this problem out and give it to her before she has her first baby.

I've completed the left front, the sleeves and the back and have now come to the right front. The only instructions it gives me is :-

"Work exactly as given for The Left Front reversing patt, moss-st border and all shapings. Do not break off yarn, leave these sts on a thread."

Now - I have enough of a time reading a pattern forwards without having to reverse it so you can imagine the problems I'm having! :confused::rant:

I've written the pattern out as I've gone along and reversed the pattern and everything else but I'm still left with 3 rows I simply cannot reverse - is there anyone out there in Knitting Land" who can please help me?

The 3 rows are listed below. I have to say right here and now that they are not in context - but rather than type in the whole pattern I thought I'd just put in the problem bits.

Row 1: --- S1, k2tog, *yfwd, k3, yfwd, s1, k2tog, psso, rep from * to last 13 sts, yfwd, k3, yfwd, s1, k1, psso, k3, (p1, k1,) twice, k1

Row 2: --- S1, knit to last 14 sts, k2tog, yfwd, k1, yfwd, s1, k1, psso, k4, (p1, k1) twice, k1

Row 3: --- S1, knit to last 15 sts, k2tog, yfwd, k3, yfwd, s1, k1, psso, k3, (p1, k1) twice, k1

Thanking you in advance,

Happy knitting

Cheryl K

Reversing the decreases changes a right leaning decrease (k2tog) / to a left leaning one (sl,k1,psso) \ and vice versa. The double decrease (s1, k2tog, psso) is the same when reversed - if you're ultra picky then you can alter it but let's not bother. Then you read from the other end of the row, slip one to start. The other method is to look up "how to read a knitted lace chart" and draw out what it looks like, it's easy then to see what it should look like reversed.

Row1 S1 (k1,p1) twice, K3, k2tog, yfwd, k3, yfwd, (s1,k2tog,psso, yfwd, k3,yfwd) to last 3 stitches, s1,k1, psso, k1.

Row 2 s1, (k1,p1) twice, k4, k2tog, yfwd,k1,yfwd, s1,k1,psso, k to end

Row 3 s1, (k1,p1) twice, k3, s1,k1,psso, yfwd, k3, yfwd, sl,k1,psso, knit to end.