Sheffield Ski Village On Fire Again Thread

i worked up there for over a year and i refuse to believe it could have started accidentally. there was no source of ignition down there at all, no electricity etc and it was very solidly built.

someone must have helped it start.

The thread you quoted quite clearly states "believed it was started deliberately"

This was probably the blaze I could see all the way from Morley street in Rivelin/Hillsborough when I was on my way to work.

Still nothing on The Star website but JUS News has this

http://www.jusnews.co.uk/2011/03/fire-reported-at-sheffield-ski-village/

Are the students seriously wanting to pursue careers in journalism? I was always taught not to start a sentence with "But" (or at least, do so sparingly), never mind starting a paragraph in such a way.

Can see all the lights are on at the Ski Slope. So it would appear to be

still open.

Edited by bazjea

I thought the fire should have been next week !

Are the students seriously wanting to pursue careers in journalism? I was always taught not to start a sentence with "But" (or at least, do so sparingly), never mind starting a paragraph in such a way.

But sometimes it's OK.

Still nothing on BBC Sheffield & South Yorkshire news site.

There is a report in the Star today, or may have been yesterdays. It was the adventure playground up there.

I used to work there! Hope no one was hurt!

A freind of mine says he was at the Ski Village when The Big Breakfast was broadcasting from there; he reckons he accidentally caught site of Denise Van Outen in her bra as she was quickly getting changed in between two parked vans in the car park :cool:

A freind of mine says he was at the Ski Village when The Big Breakfast was broadcasting from there; he reckons he accidentally caught site of Denise Van Outen in her bra as she was quickly getting changed in between two parked vans in the car park :cool:

I'd have thought that she was in enough lads mags around that time for that to be something not particularly unusual?