Sheffield Ski Village On Fire Again Thread

It is the ski village. Can see it from my lovely hill in Hillsborough. Huge flames and dark smoke blowing over too.

That's right it's on fire again. Massive fire....

i was up there last week. there's not much left to burn. one wooden building to go and they would have to burn mud!

We've got a good view of it from Walkley. It looks to be at the bottom of the ski slope. Can't see much in the way of emergency services. If it is, might as well let it burn to the ground, and just prevent it spreading.

Was that place built on some ancient burial site? This must be the 6th time it's been on fire.

From were I live it really did look like a top of a building but am high up on heeley so am looking down in to town.

I feel silly now :-(

From were I live it really did look like a top of a building but am high up on heeley so am looking down in to town.

I feel silly now :-(

Dont feel silly I'm same then I live of Duke Street. And I thought there was nothing left to burn at the Ski Village less still to make an insurance claim.

nope. but it was build just near the homes of some chavvy little scum.

when i was teaching at ssv i heard someone threaten to burn the place down on a weekly basis. everytime we threw someone out who can come over the fence that was their standard threat. along with bringing along their big brother/dad/cousin to "kill" us. got boring after a while.

am at netherthorpe and can see flames think its ski village again

How very odd!!! OH has been riding at Parkwood Springs 6:30 'til 8:30 and never saw any smoke or flames and part of the track runs next to the Ski Village, bizarre!!

Its definitely on the ski slope although whats on fire Im not sure. We have a perfect view across valley from near Malin Bridge and it looks big, smoke clouds huge. Hopefully nobody actually hurt, probably arson again.

Can see the flames from here at Wisewood! The previous times that it has been on fire we have never been able to see the flames before and theres less to burn now! All a bit strange.

all thats left up there to burn now is the wooden cafe building that looked out over adventure mountain. there's no other wood left.

other than that i suppose petrol on the dendix or snowflex would make that burn well.