Sheffield Ski Village On Fire Again Thread

Thought there was nowt left to burn?

There are some trees and they set them on fire every now and then...

Again! Its like we dont need to visit Gracelands to see the eternal flame. Sheffield has its very own one.:hihi:

Wouldn't it be a tragedy if the people doing it had a mishap and burned themselves to death.

Sheffield is like Springfield and the ski village is our constantly burning tyre yard

Sheffield is like Springfield and the ski village is our constantly burning tyre yard

These people need catching and locking up.

Whats the deal with planning permission there, I'm fairly sure the owner wants to revelop the entire site don't they?

Whats the deal with planning permission there, I'm fairly sure the owner wants to revelop the entire site don't they?

My understanding was he go a lease very cheaply on the basis it was for a leisure venue, but has now put forward plans to build houses, which would make him a lot of money.

and so the natural response is to deny this, because it's better to see and eyesore burn than let someone make some money??

Lets be honest, the Ski Village is dead and buried, just a victim of progress.

The land doesn't lend itself easily to other leisure activities being such a steep hill.

and so the natural response is to deny this, because it's better to see and eyesore burn than let someone make some money??

Lets be honest, the Ski Village is dead and buried, just a victim of progress.

The land doesn't lend itself easily to other leisure activities being such a steep hill.

Council bonfire.

All the rubbish from the streets in Page Hall etc burnt each week.

Take the fun out of it for the scrotes!

Have been to it some ten years ago with the kids. Lovely place to have fun with families. Is the owner in the progress of re-developing it?

When I was a kid in the 1970s I lived near Parkwood and every summer the grass was burning so this is not a new thing up there.