Skyride Aug 10 city centre. What's happening to bus/trams?

If you need to travel that day then its a great oppertunity to get the bike out of the shed dust it down and get on it, might do you a world of good

Just make sure you don't dare go onto any dual carriageways.

There are signs of road closures but again not specifying which roads or from when to when ... and nothing at all on the TravelSouthYorkshire site, surely there will be some bus diversions! Or maybe the timings of the road closures are so "fluid" that people will just have to react on the day and deal with it.

..... Or maybe the timings of the road closures are so "fluid" that people will just have to react on the day and deal with it.

Fluid??

Oh no! Not again!

Don't say that they are going to wait and see if the water arrives before they decide to go ahead or not?

The roads of the SkyRide route will be closed to other traffic.

I believe that this requires a Traffic Regulation Order which should give 7 days notice?

If the roads are being closed, it is regrettable that publicity of such closures and bus route alterations have not yet been publicised.

There was a public notice in the Sheffield Telegraph last week listing the roads and times. 11 til 3 is when the cycling takes place, but I think the roads will be closed longer.

what exactly is skyride.

See that first post in this thread? Often referred to as the "OP" ... Original Post or Original Poster.

There is a link kindly included in it.

Try clicking on it.

what exactly is skyride.

rabitter..there's a link at the start of the thread. Basically, the city is shut down to traffic along a designated route to allow free cycling for the day

If you need to travel that day then its a great oppertunity to get the bike out of the shed dust it down and get on it, might do you a world of good

That would be great if I owned a bike or a even had a physique that is fit enough or capable of cycle riding :D

thanks for reply,now i need to borrow a bike and a new pair of legs to get me round.

So again the City Centre grinds to a halt for Cyclists

thanks for reply,now i need to borrow a bike and a new pair of legs to get me round.

...and learn how to read opening posts properly and click on the links contained therein.

It's not coming to Mosborough.

---------- Post added 04-08-2014 at 12:40 ----------

So again the City Centre grinds to a halt for Cyclists

Makes a change to it grinding to a halt for motorists.