Dronfield Bypass - Cyclist killed.

A teacher of mine from City School back around 1998-1999

Sad news

Oh dear. I how do you know thats whats happened.

Sadly I was there to there was no ID on him he wasn't dead at the scene he was taken to the northan where he died soon after god bless him. The police said they were looking for a white citreon

Sadly I was there to there was no ID on him he wasn't dead at the scene he was taken to the northan where he died soon after god bless him. The police said they were looking for a white citreon

When they said it was a collision with a C3, I didn't realise they were looking for a car. I'd assumed it was at the scene.

When they said it was a collision with a C3, I didn't realise they were looking for a car. I'd assumed it was at the scene.

The car & driver were at the scene

The car & driver were at the scene

Was that the taxi?

My memory of the scene of the aftermath when I went past was a small car with arbath(?) written down the lower doors and a taxi, thought the taxi was a Citroen but couldn't see any damage to either car.

Very very poor policework.

As for the first post on this page, I would suggest there is no or little family to be "distressed" as they hadnt noticed he had been missing for the past week. Which is sad.

Plus, is that link right and he was 55 years old? The running page I found suggested he was much older and the Sheffield Telegraph article from 4 years ago said he was retired 3 years previously and had been a teacher for 33 years, so they cant even get the announcement of his age right as i doubt he started teaching when he was 15!

Many people lead independent lives and aren't in daily contact with their family.

To suggest they they had little care about him is disgusting - shame on you. Time you thought about having a little respect for those grieving this poor man and stop rambling on about how old he was - it's really not that important.

Edited by Daven

Many people lead independent lives and aren't in daily contact with their family.

To suggest they they had little care about him is disgusting - shame on you. Time you thought about having a little respect for those grieving this poor man and stop rambling on about how old he was - it's really not that important.

Disgusting? Behave yourself. Maybe my phone call to the Police with "information" was disgusting as well, eh :loopy:

You don't like me because of the Tour de France thread, dont drag your vendetta to this one.

As you seem unable to behave with respect. Closing.