Dronfield Bypass - Cyclist killed.

Apparently closed in both directions due to an accident.

Oh dear. I how do you know thats whats happened.

A cyclist has died.

Sadly this is true. :(

Just come back from chesterfield after being sat on the bypass for a half hour stop. The carriageway back towards Sheffield is now running slowly but the other side towards Chesterfield was still closed when I came past.

There were lots of police taking photos and had their surveying gear out, saw a yellow mountain bike on the road and that seemed to be the centre of attention though there were also two or three cars parked too.

Sorry to hear that someone died:(

Edited by NorthernStar

Just seen it on the star website. This is so sad.

Police still there now, only one car there now, bike still in middle of road and police taking photos and measurements, was going to ask how the cyclist was doing till I read on here.

Which part of the bypass?

Sad for someone to die like that:(

More towards the Sheffield end directly below a footbridge (if that means anything to you), sorry I can't be more specific I don't really know that area.

Oh, just if any other roads are shut off, it will be havoc especially with the rain