Castlegate/old Market area redevelopment

What nonsense. The Manpower Services Building has been there for nearly 40 years! Its got pathways and roads all around it. Its not the Berlin Wall for god sake.

People have been more than capable of walking around to get onto the Moor. Its presence is nothing to do with the current status of the area.

In fact, considering its continuing to be home to a huge number of Civil Servants it could bring massive footfall to the new developments and stores.

Its not civil bloody servants this Town needs its Steel workers. cutlery workers, bricklayers, buffers and miners.

Pull the bloody edifice to useless created toss pot jobs down and bring back a living artery into town.

Its not civil bloody servants this Town needs its Steel workers. cutlery workers, bricklayers, buffers and miners.
YES! tanners, chandlers, fletchers, wainwrights, nightsoilmen, a Sherriff, blacksmiths, armourers, musketmen, thatchers, badgers, leech collectors, alchemists, knockers ups and lamp lighters.

These are what our city is crying out for

Pull the bloody edifice to useless created toss pot jobs down and bring back a living artery into town.

Do you honestly think we need steel workers? How do you think steel is made now compared to the 60's, same labour intensive ingot casting process or fully automated highly efficient continuous casting process? Just an illustration that jobs have changed...

YES! tanners, chandlers, fletchers, wainwrights, nightsoilmen, a Sherriff, blacksmiths, armourers, musketmen, thatchers, badgers, leech collectors, alchemists, knockers ups and lamp lighters.

These are what our city is crying out for

Forgot about that lot but bang . !!!!!on bring back proper Sheffielder's when men were men and women were proud of em .;)

Edited by cuttsie

Cuttsie, drag yourself into 2015.

Even if you stupid fantasy came true, how many steel forges and coal mines are surrounded by department stores and hotels.

The CITY CENTRE has always been for commercial, administrative, leisure and retail. Even back in your beloved glory days.

Cuttsie, drag yourself into 2015.

Even if you stupid fantasy came true, how many steel forges and coal mines are surrounded by department stores and hotels.

The CITY CENTRE has always been for commercial, administrative, leisure and retail. Even back in your beloved glory days.

Stop being a noob, within 500

yards of the Town Hall there was hundreds of little mesters shops,forges,and blacksmiths .

And they were there just a short time ago.

Stop being a noob, within 500

yards of the Town Hall there was hundreds of little mesters shops,forges,and blacksmiths .

And they were there just a short time ago.

I have highlighted the key word.

I have worked in the City Centre most of my working life and unless you are defining over 30 years as a "short time ago" then you are talking nonsense.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Which useless toss pot jobs are they then the social services who deal with children, elderly and disabled ?

Or do not really have a clue about what you're talking about

Which useless toss pot jobs are they then the social services who deal with children, elderly and disabled ?

That's them have they sacked the Rotherham mob yet:mad:

I've got a serious question.

Who is to work down the mines? I'm not doing it and i'm not sending my son down either. I worked on the coal health contract on the government side and spent years reading miners medical records. I wouldn't send anyone down to do that, I down care how well paid it is. Besides which we're a generation or two away from those men, my father was a miner and told me never to go down the pit, he hated it, so did my uncles and my cousin who all worked at the same pit (Maltby in case you were wondering). I just can't see lines of youths queuing up to learn to mine

That new market has killed the hunting and gathering tradition too.

See today's Star Headlines.:loopy: