Castlegate/old Market area redevelopment

Do you think you count as a proper Sheffielder by Albert's lights? Unless you've worked in a melting shop, just like he never has, then unlikely I'm afraid.

Built the furnaces int melting shops kid, hot and cold work Firth Browns , English Steel among others . and you!!!!!

Built the furnaces int melting shops kid, hot and cold work Firth Browns , English Steel among others . and you!!!!!

Commissioning and software engineer on hot strip mills and concast plants. You're a bricklayer then.

Commissioning and software engineer on hot strip mills and concast plants. You're a bricklayer then.

Was ,my wrists knees and back now knackered ,Most of my work around Town has now been demolished by the idea that the brutalism of the 50's and 60's must be destroyed one day people will ask on forums like this why ,just as we have asked why so many Victorian and Georgian buildings in OUR City have vanished in the name of progress or!!! greed.

I've nothing against this 'grey to green' proposal, (apart from the cost,) but I fail to see the point unless it's joined up to something.

It seems to be just a very expensive patch of grass stuck in the middle of nowhere.

That's the point, it'll join up with : the existing and future grey-to-green phases, the knowledge gateway, the canal basin, the 5 weirs walk, the developing kelham/don valley route(s), the old town hall and legal quarter, etc. etc.

It's very much NOT an isolated patch of grass in the middle of nowhere.

Edited by ads36

That's the point, it'll join up with : the existing and future grey-to-green phases, the knowledge gateway, the canal basin, the 5 weirs walk, the developing kelham/don valley route(s), the old town hall and legal quarter, etc. etc.

It's very much NOT an isolated patch of grass in the middle of nowhere.

Its great ,lets hope that some of the money can be spread out into other areas of Our City that are perhaps not as in your face as the posh little corridor around Kelham and the legal districts.

This area is being regenerated as most will know.

I've tried google, looked on the SCC website and found hundreds of pages of pretty drawings, and whatnot.

However, I can't find a road layout drawing. Anyone know the site well to link me it please?

More info here.

---and here.

Edited by Bilge

The area around the old Castle Market? If so it's taking forever. The amount of drug addicts down there is ridiculous. They need to completely board it up and close it off so nobody has to witness them injecting and smoking crack etc.

1 hour ago, Reesh2052 said:

The area around the old Castle Market? If so it's taking forever. The amount of drug addicts down there is ridiculous. They need to completely board it up and close it off so nobody has to witness them injecting and smoking crack etc.

taking forever because the handful of bone idle layabouts on the job, seem to be scrolling on their phones or having a fag every time i walk past, which is minimum of 4 times a day. 

and Lord knows whats happening around Bridgehouses roundabout. all i know is someone high up at SCC must have shares in a traffic light company because by God, they love putting up a set every 50 yds.

19 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

taking forever because the handful of bone idle layabouts on the job, seem to be scrolling on their phones or having a fag every time i walk past, which is minimum of 4 times a day. 

Either that, or its an archaeological site. The contractors will be legally obliged to proceed with caution, and to stop work if (when) they uncover something.

8 hours ago, Bilge said:

More info here.

---and here.

the more info, I've seen and no road maps,

and here - was better, but other than the greenphase 2 which is nearest to what I'm looking for, it doesn't show the lanes clear enough.

(edit, thanks Bilge for trying btw) :)

As this has been merged, and the search facility doesn't work, and there are now 26 pages...

my title has gone,

so this is my question...

Can anyone find me a road map design of the new section around this area please?

p.s. No point posting 'google it' , I have, and can't find it.

I'll add in another merge (as I want to link in planner as he has links)

@Planner1

Edited by *_ash_*

On 07/11/2019 at 20:58, *_ash_* said:

I'll add in another merge (as I want to link in planner as he has links)

@Planner1

I asked my old colleagues at SCC.  You might find something at the bottom of the page here