Yellow bike scrapped

Enjoyed seeing all the yellow bikes all over the place. But saw one today on the back of a scrap metal collectors transit. I know the council put them up but who do they belong to and should they come down? Also should scrap yards refuse to take them as they are that obvious?

Edited by feederfil
bad grammar

As far as I know they are the property of RECYCLE bike workshop on Thirlwell Road Heeley, so presumably it is Recycle who recover them and use them to build serviceable bikes for sale. Has anyone more info on this?

Enjoyed seeing all the yellow bikes all over the place. But saw one today on the back of a scrap metal collectors transit. I know the council put them up but who do they belong to and should they come down? Also should scrap yards refuse to take them as they are that obvious?

These old bikes have been left out on the street so are fair game for the scrappy`s as far as im concerned . They look hideous , so the scrappy`s are doing us a favour taking them and weighing them in.

As I was walking from Stocksbridge towards Deepcar today I looked down over the wall on Manchester Rd towards the bottom of Fox Valley and there was a yellow painted bike, dumped! It obviously served a purpose at the time of the Grand Depart, which would have been brilliant at the time, being situated in a prominent position to celebrate the event near the route, like many others did. Isn't it sad that good things revert to bad habits (after the Lord Mayors show Parade syndrome) Shameful !

At least someone is doing something to clear these hiddious looking things as the council don't seem to be interested

At least someone is doing something to clear these hiddious looking things as the council don't seem to be interested

So you think it is good to dump rubbish/fly/tip.(nice one!):loopy:

Sheffield City Council had dumped one in the corner of Graves Park with all the contents of the dog poo bins - nice example SCC.

These old bikes have been left out on the street so are fair game for the scrappy`s as far as im concerned . They look hideous , so the scrappy`s are doing us a favour taking them and weighing them in.

So when you next park on the street you won't mind if I steal your car?

so when you next park on the street you won't mind if i steal your car?

dare you cyclone ;)

dare you cyclone ;)

:hihi:

It's just another dose of hot air! ;)

:hihi:

It's just another dose of hot air! ;)

:hihi::hihi: The devils advocate rears its ugly head :hihi::hihi:

So when you next park on the street you won't mind if I steal your car?

if it's the same colour as the bike, no