Annoying pop ups

Before logging on to SF I am getting a questionnaire and 'chances to win giveaways'.

Added to that - a 'related searches' bar appears on the left hand side of the screen which is really annoying.

Does anyone have an idea of how I can get rid of these pesky pop ups ?

You can block pop-ups.

What browser are you using?

I didn't think SF used pop ups. Have you checked you've not got something nasty on your PC?

We don't use pop ups and we don't have them in our allowed parameters with the advertising agency either, so it's likely to be something to do with spyware on your computer. We'd recommend running lots of scans etc.

However, there is always a small chance that there's a rogue ad been put on our rotation which is just visible to visitors who aren't logged in, so please take screen shots and send them to me along with the URL of the loading screen and the site it takes you to. I'm on medusa@s-f.co.uk and when I'll forward it to be sent on to the agency to remove it.

Just want to inform you that I have received two different and very dodgy pop-ups whilst visiting the forum. I would worry about your agency as the one I just received is pretty obvious a trojan scam (Sent you the url in an email Medusa).

Are these pop ups or redirecting? Last two days I've been getting redirected but only on SF.

Yes, in the last two or three days, I've been getting quite a few redirections when checking in to SF (pre-logging in). Doesn't seem to happen once I have logged in.

Have saved a couple of the urls should they be of interest.

I had this last night, navigated to the site and it redirected to a dodgy Russian dating site page and tried to force me to click a link.

Me, too.

I tried clicking on a couple of threads, and I know for a fact I did not click on anything but the links to the threads, and I got different garbage sites that I had not selected at all.

It was very puzzling.

Knock on wood, it hasn't happened again as yet, but it's odd that it happened to a number of members, at roughly the same time.

I've had five different redirections so far today whilst being on SF. All have sent me to a page that has tried to panic/confuse me into clicking a button. Good job I don't panic easily.

This is only happening when I'm on SF and is now even occurring when I'm properly logged in. It's annoying to say the least.