Sign in to follow this  

New Chesterfield needs Promoters

hi read this following plea..

I am about to take over a prime location bar in the centre of chesterfield, called the loft, it is across from the donut carpark across from the busiest night club in town, we have just been granted a 24hr license, and the interior is all wood (wood dance floor) we have a small PA for live acts,

iam looking to establish a once a month or event night for motown and northern soul, i know the scene is very popular and love the music, iam a young promoter and will be running the promo operation of the bar, we will be marketing the bar as an indie bar playing live bands etc... so we will be marketing at an older generation, iam looking for someone who is intreasted in promoting a northern soul night at my bar for a percentage of the bar take, or if you can sell enough advanced tickets, a door split or bar/door split, some deal anyhow..get in touch.

I used to work at Libertys night club and a few years ago a woman called stella used to run Soul nights there and they where packed, we are only a 200 cap venue and we have a lush courtyard at the back, would be brill in the summer, get in touch.

Mark (e-mail direct [email protected]) no spam

also any other promoters drop me a line

Good idea. I go round Chez quite a lot and they need a bar that doesnt attract the chavs!

What would the job involve doing?

I should think you would get a good crowd in Chesterfield ... was always a good Soul crowd there !

hi i work at a bar just down from the loft. Never been in but always intend to. Never hear anything about it as people are lazy and arnt willing to travel the extra minute to it as it is that far from the main location of bars. I think the night could do really well if it was advertized properly. Good luck with it. Hope to pop in for a drink when i get a nigt off! x

Try and get some of the older Soul DJ's involved .. it will appear to a bigger crowd.

Get in touch with them .. am sure they would appreciate the scene being carried on ..

is it what used to be douglas robson bar?