Xbox one/ps4 good time to buy?

Ive got my birthday coming up and my gf is very kindly looking at buying me an xbox one/ps4. Ive had a look around and the prices dont seem to have dropped much since launch, not to mention that the packages are offering old games such as titanfall and assassins creed 4.

Do you guys think this will be a bad time to buy either of the consoles, do you think that after christmas we will see a price drop as well as some better games offered with the console?

Quite probably.

The Xbox has dropped in price abit, but thats more to do with them removign the Kinect gubbins.

There aren't a great number of games available at the moment, and with the ones you can get they are only marginally better than the Ps3/Xbox 360 ones anyway.

Currently most of the stuff is simply ported across from the older consoles, with a few extra textures slapped on here and there and not alot else

I bought an Xbox one for a relative and it died. The replacement wouldnt read disks and the second replacement wouldnt even power up.

ive boxed up my ps4. no decent games out yet.after xmas it may drop the price a bit

ive boxed up my ps4. no decent games out yet.after xmas it may drop the price a bit

I think that's what i will hope for, just seems a silly amount of money at the moment for what you guys have said, very few games. I want one cos of Assassins creed unity, which wont be available on the 360.

The stories of the xbox's troubles do worry me but all my mates have one so its one of those choices.

NOTE TO MODS: It would be great when you move a post to send a pm to the OP, spent a good 5 minutes looking for where my post had gone.

I'm waiting until some PS4 exclusive games come out. Every game available I can get on my PS3.

NOTE TO MODS: It would be great when you move a post to send a pm to the OP, spent a good 5 minutes looking for where my post had gone.

Just click on 'my posts' on the left hand panel and you can go straight to it, wherever it has been put.