The London experiment is over.. for now.

Yes, I am "moving" back to Sheffield next month. I say moving, but what I really mean is living there while working, and heading back South on my days off.

So I am currently on the look out for somewhere to live again! Exciting.

I hope life has treated you all well since my last visit :D

and you are?????

and you are?????

Aaah, I see nothing has changed then :mrgreen::banana:

Seeing as this was your parting two fingers to Sheffield last year, why do you think we want you and your snooty attitude back?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9962035&postcount=24

You know what, that's a fair comment. As said before, I actually have nothing against Sheffield as a place, but some of the people I met weren't the nicest. I'll hold my hands up and take it on the chin.

wherever we move to, sheff is always home, welcome home fella

....I actually have nothing against Sheffield as a place, but some of the people I met weren't the nicest.

Whereas London is full of angels.

I have worked in almost every city in the uk and would put london at the bottom of the list as a place to work and live.I always did my best to avoid contracts there and prefer to work in the north,including scotland.You are welcome to london,a place where you have to ask half a dozen people for directions before you find someone who can understand english.

I have worked in almost every city in the uk and would put london at the bottom of the list as a place to work and live.I always did my best to avoid contracts there and prefer to work in the north,including scotland.You are welcome to london,a place where you have to ask half a dozen people for directions before you find someone who can understand english.

It appears you worked in a different London to the place I've worked for the last four and a half years.

I love Sheffield and Sheffield will always be "home" to me, but I really don't get why there seems to be this hatred of London. Sure it has its problems, as does Sheffield, but it's also an amazing city and home to some wonderful people. When you get to know them, southerners are not that different to normal people*.

*except for their inability to make a decent cuppa.

It appears you worked in a different London to the place I've worked for the last four and a half years.

I love Sheffield and Sheffield will always be "home" to me, but I really don't get why there seems to be this hatred of London. Sure it has its problems, as does Sheffield, but it's also an amazing city and home to some wonderful people. When you get to know them, southerners are not that different to normal people*.

*except for their inability to make a decent cuppa.

I am talking of the last 40 yrs,but my last trip was so bad I made a promise to myself that I would never go again,and stuck to it,overpriced and vastly over rated s**t hole.

London is pretty bad due to greed and overcrowding. Shame really as it has some wonderful buildings, galleries and museums.

I think the national gallery should be moved up to Manchester. They can keep the Tate Modern because it's full of the same stuff as most modern Londoners.

Firstly, let's get the name right. It's not "London " as we are north of Birmingham it's pronounced "that there london".

That there London is a vast city with high levels of immigrants, high levels of both wealth and poverty and it's a total cow to try and park in and get around in a car - like most major cities accross the globe. It's hugely different to any city I've been to in the uk and I've been to most. But it's not a surprise that that there london is like that though is it? Fast paced, crowded?