Children of Gaza-John Snow's message

I can just imagine the outrage when a school is blown to bit just because an Israeli tank shell hits it and detonates all of Hamas rockets and explosives. They would still mange to blame Israel.

---------- Post added 01-08-2014 at 16:50 ----------

The tunnels, rockets and militants can all be destroyed by using violence, they can't however be talked out of existence.

Hammas has been firing rockets from Gazza into Israel for 13 years. It doesn't seem like dialogue works with these people.

I know, since you used quote marks. Pity I left out the opening part of your post, as that provides the full context of this quote. But hey-ho.
If you want to go into the context of my quote that's fine, but I don't think you have really understood the context.

Going back some way, here is the full context:

Halibut made an emotional plea by pointing out that the subject of this thread was "children being blown apart, crushed under masonry, torn up with shrapnel and burnt."

Then firemanbob waded in and implied that Israelis would be having their children also "blown apart, crushed under masonry, torn up with shrapnel and burnt" if they didn't go into Gaza to crush Hamas with hundreds of civilian casualties as collateral damage as they have done.

I pointed out that Hamas are not capable of causing the kind of damage and suffering that Israel is currently inflicting.

firemanbob challenged me on this, and claimed that if just one Hamas rocket got through it could cause carnage on a comparable scale.

In order to refute him, I chose to directly quote an eye-witness to a Hamas rocket which had injured several children, who pointed out that the threat from Hamas is in no way proportional to the destruction that is meted out in retaliation.

If you want to go into the context of my quote that's fine, but I don't think you have really understood the context.

Halibut made an emotional plea by pointing out that the subject of this thread was "children being blown apart, crushed under masonry, torn up with shrapnel and burnt."

Then firemanbob waded in and implied that Israelis would be having their children also "blown apart, crushed under masonry, torn up with shrapnel and burnt" if they didn't go into Gaza to crush Hamas with hundreds of civilian casualties as collateral damage as they have done.

I pointed out that Hamas are not capable of causing the kind of damage and suffering that Israel is currently inflicting.

firemanbob challenged me on this, and claimed that if just one Hamas rocket got through it could cause carnage on a comparable scale.

In order to refute him, I chose to directly quote an eye-witness to a Hamas rocket which had injured several children, who pointed out that the threat from Hamas is in no way proportional to the destruction that is meted out in retaliation.

Well heres an idea. Call it an initiative if you like. If as you claim Hamas rockets aren't killing hundreds of civilians in Israel, why don't Hamas stop firing them at Israel. Just as a jesture for say 72 hours. It would save all the cost of those rockets and as they are not achieving that much wouldn't really affect things.

But if they did that and Israel continued to blast Gaza then I think we would have something to condemn Israel for.

All it would take is Hamas to stop firing rockets at Israel. After 3 days if Israel hadn't bombed Gaza perhaps they could extend it to a week.

Well heres an idea. Call it an initiative if you like. If as you claim Hamas rockets aren't killing hundreds of civilians in Israel, why don't Hamas stop firing them at Israel. Just as a jesture for say 72 hours. It would save all the cost of those rockets and as they are not achieving that much wouldn't really affect things.

:huh:The rockets aren't killing hundreds of civilians, why would he not make that claim? unless you're privy to information we don't have.

No I didn't, you waded in after another member said.

But fortunately Israel is able to shoot down most of the rockets and has built air raid shelters for the people which keep this to a minimum.

This is you wading in and implying that saving the innocent lives of Israelis is disgusting.

That is disgusting. That's one of the worst things I've ever seen posted on this forum.

---------- Post added 01-08-2014 at 18:01 ----------

But if they did that and Israel continued to blast Gaza then I think we would have something to condemn Israel for.

All it would take is Hamas to stop firing rockets at Israel. After 3 days if Israel hadn't bombed Gaza perhaps they could extend it to a week.

Hamas rockets have killed far more Gazan's than Israelis, many of the people that have been killed and Israel blamed were very likley killed by their own rockets.

---------- Post added 01-08-2014 at 18:03 ----------

:huh:The rockets aren't killing hundreds of civilians, why would he not make that claim? unless you're privy to information we don't have.

They are, but it is Gazan's that are the ones being killed by their own rockets, that's the problem with firing unguided rockets, you have no idea who they are going to land on.

How is the capture of an enemy soldier "outrageous and barbaric" but the shelling of a hospital full of children isn't?

This is you wading in and implying that saving the innocent lives of Israelis is disgusting.

I implied no such thing, you liar.

Poem here by Michael Rosen on the fact that Israel has banned the names of the dead children of Gaza being broadcast.

Dead Children

Michael Rosen

Israel bans radio advert listing names of children killed in Gaza

(The Guardian, 24/07/14)

Don't mention the children.

Don't name the dead children.

The people must not know the names

of the dead children.

The names of the children must be hidden.

The children must be nameless.

The children must leave this world

having no names.

No one must know the names of

the dead children.

No one must say the names of the

dead children.

No one must even think that the children

have names.

People must understand that it would be dangerous

to know the names of the children.

The people must be protected from

knowing the names of the children.

The names of the children could spread

like wildfire.

The people would not be safe if they knew

the names of the children.

Don’t name the dead children.

Don’t remember the dead children.

Don’t think of the dead children.

Don’t say: ‘dead children’.

I implied no such thing, you liar.

That's how it read to me, one member is happy that at least Israel protects its citizens and you called them disgusting for saying such a thing. If that isn't what you meant than I apolagise, either way it wasn't me that waded in as you suggested.

This is the sort of thing that you'd have found in a German newspaper in the 1930's

https://archive.today/RPf3M#selection-633.0-639.11

The author asks -

''I will conclude with a question for all the humanitarians out there. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu clearly stated at the outset of this incursion that his objective is to restore a sustainable quiet for the citizens of Israel. We have already established that it is the responsibility of every government to ensure the safety and security of its people. If political leaders and military experts determine that the only way to achieve its goal of sustaining quiet is through genocide is it then permissible to achieve those responsible goals?''

- my answer is no, it isn't permissable and it would be a grave sin, an appalling crime against humanity.

If the 'political leaders and military experts' conclude that the only way to achieve peace is trying to obliterate the Palestinian people then they are having a severe failure of humanity, humility and imagination.