Children of Gaza-John Snow's message

At what point will the Israelis think theyve won .

Probably when the terrorists stop firing misiles into Israel and stop crossing the border through tunnels to blow up buses.

Aren't Hamas firing rockets into Israel constantly. Why do you continue to ignore that?

I'm not ignoring it. I'm saying Israel's response to it is disproportionate.

So probably a good reason for Hamas to target the place and then point the finger elsewhere.

There's no evidence whatsoever that that was the case. The Isaeli defence force has admitted firing in the vicinity of the school.

The UN staff at that shelter repeatedly informed the Israelis of their location.

Israel knew full well that the buildings were full of civilians seeking refuge.

And what do you think Israel would gain by deliberately shelling a building which only contained civilians and UN personnel?

So it was either an error which happens in war, friendly fire situations are very common.

Or the soldiers on the ground didn't get the message and saw shots fired from the building.

---------- Post added 30-07-2014 at 14:14 ----------

In boxing one sided fights get stopped.

The Israeli offensive has gone way beyond the point where any reasonable person thinks theyre defending themselves. This is a one sided onslaught.

At what point will the Israelis think theyve won and at what point will Hamas admit they cannot win an armed fight?

Friends of both sides should encourage them to see this particular battle is over. Israel cant be proud of killing so many civilians and Hamas cannot be proud of their provocation.

Hamas are managing to kill Israeli soldiers so it is clearly not one sided.

Well if you were running Israel and the neighbouring country was firing rockets at your civilian population, and blowing up your buses what would you do?

---------- Post added 30-07-2014 at 14:27 ----------

There's no evidence whatsoever that that was the case. The Isaeli defence force has admitted firing in the vicinity of the school.

But there is also no evidence whatsoever that Israel hit the building. I think you will find that Hamas were firing rockets in the vicinity too. It seems to me that Israel hits the intended targets rather more often than Hamas who seem content to use casualties amongst the local population for propaganda purposes.

---------- Post added 30-07-2014 at 14:29 ----------

And what do you think Israel would gain by deliberately shelling a building which only contained civilians and UN personnel?

So it was either an error which happens in war, friendly fire situations are very common.

Or the soldiers on the ground didn't get the message and saw shots fired from the building.

Or it was deliberately targetted by Hamas for propaganda purposes.

If I took your home and threw you out and gave it to someone else how would you react? No one can justify what Israel is doing!!! Some of you are so deluded its unbelievable!

If I took your home and threw you out and gave it to someone else how would you react? No one can justify what Israel is doing!!! Some of you are so deluded its unbelievable!

How many Gazan's do you think used to live in Israel, my understanding is that the overwhelming majority were born in Gaza, some were born in Egypt, and other surrounding countries. The vast majority of Palestinians that were born is Israel are Israeli citizens and still live in Israel.

Try reading what I write; it'll help..

I read what you wrote. you said isreal were acting criminally, I merely pointed out that the other side were also acting criminally, or are you now going to deny that?

---------- Post added 30-07-2014 at 14:46 ----------

OK, I will bite, what is a proportionate response?

Bear in mind as you answer, that hamas cowards are firing rockets FROM civilian positions randomly AT civilian targets whilst cowering behind womens skirts

Edited by alchemist

I read what you wrote. you said isreal were acting criminally, I merely pointed out that the other side were also acting criminally, or are you now going to deny that?

---------- Post added 30-07-2014 at 14:46 ----------

OK, I will bite, whats proportionate?

Bear in mind as you answer, that hamas cowards are firing rockets FROM civilian positions randomly AT civilian targets whilst cowering behind womens skirts

That's an almost impossible question to answer but as of today 1,200 Palestinians have been killed, mostly civilians according to the United Nations and about 7000 injured. Fifty-six lives have been lost on the Israeli side, all but three of them soldiers.

Anyone who thinks that is proportionate needs their head examining.

That's an almost impossible question to answer but as of today 1,200 Palestinians have been killed, mostly civilians according to the United Nations and about 7000 injured. Fifty-six lives have been lost on the Israeli side, all but three of them soldiers.

Whats the difference in appearance between a Gazan civilian and an Hamas fighter?

Are Gazan civilians killing the Israeli soldiers or could it be Hamas fighters?

My Guess would be that most of those that have been killed in Gaza are combatants and not civilians.

The UN says estimates around 74% of the Palestinian dead are civilians, including 243 children and 131 women, that would mean the majority of those killed are men, 826 of them, how does the UN know that they are civilians and not fighters, I can't see Hamas fighters leaving guns and ammunition with dead combatants and once removed they will look like a civilian.

Janis Mackey Frayer, a correspondent for Canada’s CTV now based in Gaza, on Sunday reported seeing a Hamas fighter dressed in woman’s clothing in Shuja’iya, the scene of heavy fighting between Israeli forces and Hamas.

Edited by kaylee1

Perhaps it is you that needs their head examining. The death toll is due to repeated rocket attacks on Israel and the response it provokes. Israel is used to being under constant attack and provides air raid shelters and deploys missiles to shoot down the rockets aimed at their civilians.

So let's ask again. If you were in charge in Israel what would you be doing in response to the rocket attacks. Would you for instance lock the air raid shelters and stop shooting down Hamas's rockets so that the death toll was more equitable and to your liking?

Anyone still denying they bombed the school ?

Seems as they are not.

Typical Israeli propaganda from you lot, deny everything and try pin it on Hamas.

So they get people to all move to one place that they think is safe and then bomb them, how brave.

Perhaps you would all care to read my previous warning on this thread and act accordingly. If you continue to throw insults around I will be issuing suspensions.