WI-FI in Cuban hotel

Hi guys - I'm off to Varadero in Cuba next month, staying in the Iberostar Tainos hotel. I'm trying to find out whether there's wifi in the hotel or not. I've been down the usual routes, asking Thomas Cook etc (who can't give me a definitive answer) and emailing the hotel direct ( no response ) so was just wondering if anyone had been recently who could advise me. I know Cuba is way behind the times when it comes to technology but you never know. Many thanks.

Edited by AMR67

I usually assume it's not available and plan accordingly.

If it is there, and it's not silly priced then thats a bonus.

Tripadvisor usually mentions it.

---------- Post added 25-07-2014 at 13:33 ----------

See this on tripadvisor.http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g147275-i99-k6701613-WIFI_or_internet_access_at_Iberostar_Tainos-Varadero_Matanzas_Province_Cuba.html

We went there about five years ago and really wouldn't have thought they'd have wifi - make sure you take all essentials such as sun cream nigh on impossible to buy anything over there

There is an Internet cafe but it does not show wifi.

Some of the hotels in Varadero are slowly starting to introduce wifi, but you will have to pay for it and it's still pretty slow!

If you just want to tell everyone on facebook what a great time you're having then you should be ok, but if you want to stream anything or use skype then you might struggle!

By the way, enjoy Varadero...make sure you get out and see the sights!

Hi guys - I'm off to Varadero in Cuba next month, staying in the Iberostar Tainos hotel. I'm trying to find out whether there's wifi in the hotel or not. I've been down the usual routes, asking Thomas Cook etc (who can't give me a definitive answer) and emailing the hotel direct ( no response ) so was just wondering if anyone had been recently who could advise me. I know Cuba is way behind the times when it comes to technology but you never know. Many thanks.

My bold, as are sheffield people, surely you can email the company you booked your holiday or the actual hotel itself rather than ask the question on here.

My bold, as are sheffield people, surely you can email the company you booked your holiday or the actual hotel itself rather than ask the question on here.

My bold=

Did you read the op fully before making your comment?

I've highlighted the bit of AMR67's post you seem to have missed. :hihi:

Please refer to my original post Bruno. I'm only asking as I run a small business and just like to keep up with emails etc.

Thanks for all the responses guys - wifi or not it's gonna be brill.

I went to Cuba last year - to the other side of the island near Holguin. They had wifi (at cost) and an internet cafe (at cost). But the whole complex was on standard dial up, so speeds were impossibly slow. The island doesn't have a decent infrastructure yet, so I wouldn't plan on having any connection at all. But we had an amazing time without the connection - so enjoy :thumbsup: