1. 1. Favourite Sheffield Band?

• ABC
    • Heaven 17
    • Human League
    • Arctic Monkeys
    • Pulp
    • Joe Cocker
    • Def Leppard

How can u put classic hits from the likes of 'human league' and 'def leppard' to something like artic monkeys?

The monkeys are a small time student band with uninteresting music and as for pulp! pfff, wouldnt even go there.

Oh dear - another one with no taste in music.

Mind, it probably does take a certain amount of brain power to appreciate Pulp.....

StarSparkle

Oh dear - another one with no taste in music.

Mind, it probably does take a certain amount of brain power to appreciate Pulp.....

StarSparkle

I have plenty of brain power thank you, and I can't stand blo*dy Pulp or the Arctic Monkeys who have only got where they are because they're the NME's current darlings and all the sheep waiting to be told which band to like next have gone trotting after them. This time next year no-one will remember them. It takes a lot more brain power *not* to follow the crowd and spot the classic, long lasting music through all the hyped-up crap.

Not the best Sheffield band, but The Yell are quite good.

Yey for Bromheads Jacket

Tiny Dancers are fun fun fun

...and what about 65aysOftatic?! Tsk

First post ever, by the way. Hello to you all

It takes a lot more brain power *not* to follow the crowd and spot the classic, long lasting music through all the hyped-up crap.

It's funny, that's exactly what I'd say. I've never 'followed the crowd' in my life - probably the opposite.

Being the NME's current darling band usually does a band no favours at all - NME patronage nearly finished off Suede, but luckily their sheer talent allowed them to survive it.

And whatever happened to previous NME faves like Menswear, Gay Dad, These Animal Men and the like? Sank without bloody trace, without really troubling the charts at all.

Does that sound like the Arctic Monkeys to you? No? That's because they have TALENT. They truly are a fabulous band. That's the difference. They've probably succeeded DESPITE the NME rather than because of them.

Have a nice day.

StarSparkle

Long bLONDES!

Blind Mole Rat - has to be. I've got about 8 tapes 2 12inches and 6 T-shirts. I used to have more T-shirts but they've disintegrated with wear. Saw them about 150 times.

i have about 4 tapes, NO 12"s :( and 1 tshirt, thats disintegrated into large holes :( need to sew it up really and get wearing it again :)

Sparkle: Oh dear - another one with no taste in music.

Instead of dancing around ur handbag to pulps 1 hit wonder 'common people' look at what the league and def leppard have achieved compared to pulp or the monkeys.

Pulp and artic monkeys are a waste of airtime and bring no classic sound to the ears of real music lovers.

Instead of dancing around ur handbag to pulps 1 hit wonder 'common people' look at what the league and def leppard have achieved compared to pulp or the monkeys.

Pulp and artic monkeys are a waste of airtime and bring no classic sound to the ears of real music lovers.

Here Here!! I agree mattyuk1! Artics aren't my favourite either!

Little man tate are the biggest bag of ****e and their heads r stuck too far up their bums!! Talentless bunch of ......!!!!!!

i dont mind the monkeys

but you cant compare a band with 1 album and a couple of singles to a band like def leopard or pulp

on the other hand i like the arctics cos they have a sound with a bit of ********, unlike the normal indie these days.same depressing, boring dung dung........i like the punk influenced indie of the moment kaisers, franz, editors, dead 60s, arctics etc

pulp had more hits than common people you know :)

tbh pulp are ok not my fave band.......and def leopard arent my fave rock / metal band either..........bit lightweight for me :)

Ha, ha, ha! I like that idea - me dancing around my handbag to Pulp - yeah, right :rolleyes: You've got me spot on :rolleyes:

As I said, a certain level of intelligence is required to appreciate the sublime skill with words possessed by Mr Cocker, and in a similar vein, the Arctic Monkeys..... but of course, you probably wouldn't understand that. Straight over your head.

So, what do real 'music lovers' listen to, then?

StarSparkle