Fishing in canal and BBQ the fish?

I've been told that Perch are very good eating. I've had Zander whilst on holiday in the Loire in France and that was surprisingly good.

is there trout in the canal , might try it if there is. i have been fishing the ladybower never thought about taking a BBQ will take one tomorrow sounds good straight from the dam on to the grill, i had 12 out on feeder last wednesday they where that big you could have fed an army with them

You should be careful at the ladybower because if it is owned that's a big fine if you take them out and normally even if you are a member you would probably have to pay per pound to take them hone with you ! The canal has no trout ,no but the river don does , but I don't think anglers would be happy to here of people taking out trout from the don ! But it's up too you , by preference most anglers catch and release to keep the fish in good numbers!

Sounds like the Coarse fish are getting a Battering, thats a no no, it's the Sea fish which should be getting Battered. :hihi:

You should be careful at the ladybower because if it is owned that's a big fine if you take them out and normally even if you are a member you would probably have to pay per pound to take them hone with you ! The canal has no trout ,no but the river don does , but I don't think anglers would be happy to here of people taking out trout from the don ! But it's up too you , by preference most anglers catch and release to keep the fish in good numbers!

I think he's just having some fun at94. I've posted a link containing the fishery regulations on another thread.

I think he's just having some fun at94. I've posted a link containing the fishery regulations on another thread.

if you would like to join me you are welcome to. its a good day out, i look at it this way its water i pay my licence fee the waters there i fish it its big enough and at my age why not

if the chap comes round i will pay the fee to fish was there this morning then went to the carboot at hope valley after splendid day out

Edited by backwardben
sorry missed a word

You're not getting it are you? Ladybower is a fly fishery with it's own annual Permits ! It is NOT a Coarse Fishery.

That's a new one, fish are Bony, really! you'll be telling us all next Beef comes from cows and Pork from Pigs. :hihi::loopy:

You're not getting it are you? Ladybower is a fly fishery with it's own annual Permits ! It is NOT a Coarse Fishery.

With a name like backwardben dont you realise that he is a wind up merchant ? I have fished Ladybower for over 40 years and only ever come across one person "poaching" with a spinning rod.. He was soon chased away... Dont give him no credit as any angler worth their license would not stand for anyone catching coarse fish and cooking them on the bankside. Theres the small matter of it being illegal too, so the police would pay great interest in anyone caught taking coarse fish out of any water.

With a name like backwardben dont you realise that he is a wind up merchant ? I have fished Ladybower for over 40 years and only ever come across one person "poaching" with a spinning rod.. He was soon chased away... Dont give him no credit as any angler worth their license would not stand for anyone catching coarse fish and cooking them on the bankside. Theres the small matter of it being illegal too, so the police would pay great interest in anyone caught taking coarse fish out of any water.

i am not winding you up i have fished it a few times now no one as bothered me,like i said i had one chap ask if i had caught anything

It's not illegal to eat the fish you catch they just have to be certain measurements

at one time the NRA (as it was then) used to print the legal size limits of all fish species on the fishing licence

however, even back then fishery owners have their own restrictions, and rightly so: if I'd spent thousands of pounds on a lakeful of fish (coarse fish) I wouldn't take too kindly to anyone killing any of them

as has already been stated, Ladybower is fly fishing only & has size & catch number limits in place so they can manage the stocking density of their water

I'd guess if the bailiff caught anyone coarse fishing on here he'd have the shotgun out of his landrover faster than you can rebait your hook