Fishing in canal and BBQ the fish?

Anyone else think this is wrong, i see many small BBQ by canal and people are cooking what they catch instead of throwing the fish back in

I know of people who'll night fish and take along a barbecue to cook sausages etc, but never known anyone cook fish they've caught on the bank. Maybe it's these you are seeing ?

Anyone else think this is wrong, i see many small BBQ by canal and people are cooking what they catch instead of throwing the fish back in

I don't see the harm, as long as the fish aren't in danger of extinction or if the pond / river they are fishing have a policy that all caught fish must be put back..

Nothing finer than freshly caught trout lobbed straight on BBQ...

I wonder how we survived before supermarkets and processed food???

have see fish bones, should have taken photos, its past meadowhall near meadowbank

Anyone else think this is wrong

Not at all.

Well I for one would not want to eat anything that has been swimming and feeding in the canal, I can't think of anything worse. And yes I think it is wrong very wrong. Fishing is supposed to be a sport not something to do to find food. If we all took the fish we caught, the stock would soon be depleted.

Well I for one would not want to eat anything that has been swimming and feeding in the canal, I can't think of anything worse. And yes I think it is wrong very wrong. Fishing is supposed to be a sport not something to do to find food. If we all took the fish we caught, the stock would soon be depleted.

What!!!!.....

Not at all.

You cant just go eating any fish, You can eat salmon and trout.

The fish in the canal are being eaten by the Eastern Europeans and have been doing this for some years now, soon there will be no decent fish left in there because fish like carp is a delicacy to these people.

It is happening all over the country and they even use nets and night lines.

A guy once watched me catch a good carp near meadowhall a few years ago and his jaw dropped when i put it back he said "you crazy why you no eat"

Anyone that says they cant see the harm or cant see a problem knows nothing about fishing, do you realise anglers have to pay a licence fee to fish and to protect our fish and wildlife and to police illegal fishing .

Any evidence of this activity should be reported to the environment agency.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/ll-catch-Crackdown-Eastern-European-fish-thieves/story-19832206-detail/storyhttp://swns.com/news/eastern-european-immigrants-given-guide-to-best-lakes-for-poaching-3352/.html

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/386379/British-rivers-stripped-of-fish-by-East-European-poachers

Edited by jrowl

Flipping hell, Young's & Captain Birdseye are in BIG trouble, I always thought if people go fishing if under a certain size they are thrown back (not the people).:hihi: I always thought though people went fishing to catch food to eat as well as the rest & tranquillity.

I believe that the canal is protected... you can fish there but have to throw back!

I hearded that they put carp into the canal to bring the wildlife and fish back!

What!!!!.....

Fair enough, commercial fishing is for food, but not pleasure fishing and should be stopped no one should eat the fish they catch whilst pleasure fishing.

---------- Post added 23-07-2014 at 17:06 ----------

Flipping hell, Young's & Captain Birdseye are in BIG trouble, I always thought if people go fishing if under a certain size they are thrown back (not the people).:hihi: I always thought though people went fishing to catch food to eat as well as the rest & tranquillity.

Sorry I should have put pleasure fishing

Sorry I should have put pleasure fishing

Not a problem at all :)