David Ward tweet - upsets people

That was a low blow indeed.

It was an entirely appropriate comparison - Jeffrey Shaw, is, in effect, blaming the victims of Israel's violence for the deaths and injuries they suffer, much in the same way as some people choose to blame rape victims - ''Oh well, what can they expect, walking around the city at night dressed like that'' etc.

Mod Note

Kindly cease the personal attacks and discuss the issue.

It was an entirely appropriate comparison - Jeffrey Shaw, is, in effect, blaming the victims of Israel's violence for the deaths and injuries they suffer, much in the same way as some people choose to blame rape victims - ''Oh well, what can they expect, walking around the city at night dressed like that'' etc.

I don't think it was. The innocent victims are obviously the children, but did Jeffrey blame the children for being in harms way, or did Jeffrey blame Hamas for putting them in harms way? Post #88 suggests the latter.

I think you owe rape victims an apology.

And even now you can't see it. What a narrow minded biggot you are.

Mod Note

As you seem to be ignoring the previous warning.

This is your last chance, one more personal attack by anyone and that person is on holiday plus the thread will be closed.

Gaza is history repeating itself, First it was Warsaw, where the jews were kept captive prior to extermination, and they decided to fight their way out of the prison, and it was a very heroic thing.

Now its the prison Gaza, surrounded by the military on land and sea, but this time on a bigger scale, and the Israelis are now playing the part that the Nazis played with them in Warsaw, and the Palestinians are now playing the part of the Jews. This time of course its not about extermiunation, just making the area unlivable, smashing the infrastructure, hopitals and all services, so no water, sewage, electric, so they just might decide to move somewhere else like their forefathers did, when encouraged in a similar way.

I love this propaganda thing, which means I can copy this sort of thing, like hitting someone with a bit of 4x2 and blaming them for being too tall, as could not see over them, as it was obviously their fault, and I was defending my visual range.

All wrong, I fear. The Palestinians whose cause you bizarrely espouse are- in your terms- playing the part of the Germans. Never heard of V1/V2 rockets, eh?

All wrong, I fear. The Palestinians whose cause you bizarrely espouse are- in your terms- playing the part of the Germans. Never heard of V1/V2 rockets, eh?

That's an extraordinarily naive viewpoint Jeffrey Shaw.

The Germans were a highly industrialized nation with a massively powerful military; they were fighting a war of conquest and expansion.

The Palestinians are besieged, have no organised army and very little power and struggling for survival against a vastly superior military.

That's an extraordinarily naive viewpoint Jeffrey Shaw.

The Germans were a highly industrialized nation with a massively powerful military; they were fighting a war of conquest and expansion.

The Palestinians are besieged, have no organised army and very little power and struggling for survival against a vastly superior military.

Then perhaps Hamas should stop firing rockets at civilians in Israel because they know what response any reasonable country would make to such attacks. Perhaps you should check yourself out for the naive viewpoint.

No, they face no threat to their survival- other than retaliation for their crazy attacks on Israel.

They do have a simple remedy to stop that retaliation, of course: stop the attacks on Israel.

Which side is invariably the reason for truces' infaliable breakdowns?

[A: it's not Israel!]

Despite the constant rocket fire into Israel during Operation Protective Edge, the Kerem Shalom crossing remained open, providing food and essential supplies for the residents of the Gaza Strip.

Over one million tons of humanitarian supplies were delivered by Israel to the people of Gaza in the past 18 months – that’s equal to nearly one ton of aid for every man, woman and child in Gaza.

Assad is starving Palestinians to death in a Syrian camp, and nobody cares but they do go on and on with their anti Israel rants.

Residents of the besieged Palestinian camp of Yarmouk, queuing to receive food supplies, in Damascus, Syria.

Edited by firemanbob