David Ward tweet - upsets people

Louise Daphne Bagshawe? Yes that sounds very Jewish :hihi:

Stop googling the woman, she might get ideas above her station!

"The big question is - if I lived in #Gaza would I fire a rocket? - probably yes"

is what @DavidWardMP tweeted last night. This is what some critics came out with in reply:

Louise Mensch and Grant Shapps (both Jewish one must add) call it vile and insist he must be kicked from the Commons.

The head of Politics for the Independent calls for his resignation - again calling the tweet vile. The BBC reports that he is accused of making 'vile comments' they updated the text now, it was rather more inflammatory when it first came out late last night. (Got woken up by someone trying the door, hence I picked up on this.)

There are many, many others who do the same - as well as many, many more who defend his right to speak out.

Funny, as a Liberal and a Democrat I thought it was his job and right to have an opinion, especially as an MP for Bradford where he holds a narrow seat. He was condemned last year for stating that the Israelis were indeed in need of remembering the Holocaust - and cease what they were doing to the Palestinians. He just said what lots of his voters say, how is that bad? Isn't he supposed to represent them, not to toe the party-line?

If the Liberals decide to throw him out over this than they have seen the last of my vote. Not a clue what I will vote for instead, but this is just not on.

Very nice post, however they pressured him to retract it after wards so like me you will be looking for someone else to vote for no doubt.

He said nothing wrong, he stated that if he was under those sorts of pressures he would feel the need to fight back by any means, something anyone of us would do if we were in that situation, and something the Jewish people did in Germany when they were imprisoned in a ghetto and were starved into submission and taken away at will to death camps. They were called terrorists also by the Germans for fighting back.

something the Jewish people did in Germany when they were imprisoned in a ghetto

knowledge of history not too mention geography is very sketchy here as you have come to expect with these anti Israel internet clowns so eager to draw false comparisons with Nazi Germany/apartheid and the Israel-Palestine issue.

I think the poster if referring to the Warsaw uprising, you will find that not only is Warsaw not in Germany at all, but the Jewish people that did resist the Germans there did not fire rockets from the ghetto into the Polish civilian neighbourhoods nearby, like Hamas are doing when they fire rockets indiscriminately into Israel today. They took on armed, organised, and mechanised German army units and did not fire any rockets outside of the ghetto at all.

But murders hundreds of Palestinian children.

No- those children (hospitals/schools/etc.) were put next to Hamas rocket sites (or vice-versa) knowingly; and not by Israel!

---------- Post added 11-08-2014 at 16:14 ----------

When a Palestinian child is asleep, or watching television, or playing football on a beach and an Israeli tank shell, or missile strike or munitions from an F16 and is blown to pieces or has their little bodies torn by shrapnel it's exactly like murder.

The child is dead, the parents lives are shattered and will never recover.

So Hamas is effectively murdering its own.

No- those children (hospitals/schools/etc.) were put next to Hamas rocket sites (or vice-versa) knowingly; and not by Israel!

---------- Post added 11-08-2014 at 16:14 ----------

So Hamas is effectively murdering its own.

I bet you blame rape victims too.

You lose your bet, then; and shame on you for using 'rape' as a derailing mechanism.

Both rape and Hamas are indefensible. That's perhaps mostly what they have in common.

Well we know you will blame everyone except islamic terrorists.

Well we know you will blame everyone except islamic terrorists.

No you don't. Offer some evidence for that or just shut up and stop making yourself look like a fool.

That was a low blow indeed.

No you don't. Offer some evidence for that or just shut up and stop making yourself look like a fool.

Isn't it odd that you are once again the fool but can't see it for yourself.

Edited by Anna Glypta

What an awful thing to say to use rape victims as a means of point scoring. Truly shameful.

What an awful thing to say to use rape victims as a means of point scoring. Truly shameful.

Maybe it was simply a dig at Mr Shaw using Roger Helmer as the weapon, either way its poor.