Damn flask lure fishing / water levels

"sorry for the typo in the title god knows what I was Thinking!"

Hey Guys I'm back up in Sheffield this weekend and I fancy trying the Flask for the first time in about 10 years.

I plan to take only lure tackle and finally net myself one of the monster perch, failing that a pike or 2 would be welcome!

Anyone lure fished for perch specifically on the flask? got any tips on the types of lure they hit?

Also what are the water levels like at the moment the last time I fished they were very low and the bay was like a beach!

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by steveb1978

I last fished the flask in march and the water levels were very high, from the bay to the plantation there was hardly any bank space. I ended up on the boat house bank competing with rowers and yachts.

I've not been up since so I don't know if levels have dropped much.

As for lure fishing, I've only dabbled with it when deadbaiting has been slow but I do see a few anglers up there who lure fish regularly.

Thanks Charlie, I guess i will take a drive up, If the lure fishing's no good i will take a few worms down to the lower Loxley and catch a few trout on the weirs. that's always fun with light tackle :)

Don't be scared of using big lures on the flask. Shads are good never had any luck with a spinner or spoon. Don't forget a unhooking mat. Good luck

i fished ladybower yesterday had some good fish out on spinner

i fished ladybower yesterday had some good fish out on spinner

I thought you'd be using lobworms:D

Over the winter months the water was very low giving plenty of bank space. I've been up for a recce today and it's full to the brim again. I was going to fish it next week but i'll leave it for a while and see if the level drops a bit.