A.B.C. Streets Penistone Road

I didn't live there but met up with a family (Smith) I think at trusville holiday camp Mabelthorpe in the 1960s who lived on anlaby street

Are you sure it wasn't cottam st? Fred smith the boxer and his wife Irene lived there,they had three kids,freddie,steve and Lorraine.

Well, see this thread for example, and
. Who's coming with me down the A.B.C. streets to do a spot of fishing by the Don?.:)

swam in the Don 1946 after pushing all the dead dogs to one side came out all shades from the P.C.Bs but did me no harm I say did me no harm:confused::confused::confused:

If they can put trout in the dom they can put fish in any river in the world:(

also barbel chub and grayling I was born in Hobson Ave and I can,t believe it

also barbel chub and grayling I was born in Hobson Ave and I can,t believe it

Just had a fair size brown trout caught by my mate opposite the abc streets,is it my imagination or did I get a faint whiff of daniel doncasters as it was cooking,it tasted superb.

Why were these houses demolished anyway? the cellars are still there or at least some of them anyway.

Some more stuff HERE

Anlaby Brough Cottom Eden Ilived further down opposite Woodgrove lane Hobson A venue we were posher than the A.B.C.streets

I keep forgetting Driffield Street old age and misery creeping in

Anyone remember lorraine smith,cheryl wright or shiela reynolds from the abc streets?

I keep forgetting Driffield Street old age and misery creeping in

since 511 was across from Driffield and Cotterm wonder if my aunt lived more close to Eded to my 5yr old mind upper slack may have been to far all i seem to remember is very short st or dirt rd with the river /canal at the bottom maybe only 150 yards away my mother would send me up with goodie bag just how far could a 5yr old walk ??:confused::confused:

Hi janlizzy my wife Margaret Oldfield remembers the girls. Also what about Pat Gillette from Cottam St. Same road as Shiela Reynolds.

---------- Post added 08-08-2014 at 19:48 ----------

Another family on Driffield street- Brian and Jean Parkin with 3. Kids Ian, Denise and Daren.

511 penistone rd and my first love Lara Burgoyne we must have been all of 5 in 1939:love::love:

laura was a beauty a champion swimmer