Bayern Munich season ticket prices

Interesting tweet being circulated - Hoeness, president of Bayern Munich explains why season tickets for Bayern are 102£ rather than 300 or more. He basically says that it is a 2 million difference for his club, and he wouldn't think twice about putting that in a transfer deal to ensure a player comes, but for a fan it is a big difference and a lot of money!

He also says that he doesn't want to milk the fans like they are cows "Like they do in England".

Too right! It is about time that British clubs learned from the German model. Both our clubs would be to capacity if they charged 100 quid for a season ticket, if that doesn't help on the pitch performance than I don't know what will!

He has said similar before and I admire the Bayern Munich policy regarding season tickets.

That said smaller clubs in England do need the money sadly. Although if they could get more fans through the door regularly then that might make up for the discount on the tickets in the first place.

Clubs in England need the money because they overpay their players so that's why they want a lot of cash for a season ticket,lets face it most have more outgoings than income because of the wages.

The report that is flying about is the one from last year.

It was from Hoeness, who has now been jailed for tax evasion... Which begs the question... was he thinking of the fans when he was tax evading from the state?

Also, his math isn't as good as one would expect. If he did sell the season tickets at 300 euros rather than 100, and say they sold 50,000 ST's - their capacity is another 10,000 - this would equate to 10,000,000 extra.. Furthermore, they could sell at 500 euros and generate an extra 20,000,000 in total.

That all said, excellent deal for the fans. I'm not sure that will continue to be the case for the future though.

Bayern Munich season tickets have always been reasonably priced.My friend, who has lived there for many years, told me that the price also includes bus travel from the suburbs to and from the stadium and a match programme arrives in the post the day before.

The german model really works, I have sky tv Germany. you can subscribe to your team and watch every single game for 40 quid.this doesn't effect attendances as grounds are always full. also they have standing sections.no problems there. ticket prices are around a tenner.the germans seem to do all aspects of football better than ourselves and we could do with following this model

Apparently west ham are doing them for £100 when they move into the olympic stadium...

Interesting to see if West Ham will set an example. The key here, to me, is that clubs do have the option to be better for their fans. Agreed that they over pay here, by a lot, the players. I think they need to alter their mentality.

Before the Glazers took Man Utd over, they used to have the cheapest season tickets, so maybe the message is that it's easy to be generous when you have lots of spare money.

Before the Glazers took Man Utd over, they used to have the cheapest season tickets, so maybe the message is that it's easy to be generous when you have lots of spare money.

No they didn't- they were a rip-off even before the yanks took over.

MU have been a money making machine for FAR longer than the Glazers have been in charge and the fans have paid accordingly.

Interesting to see if West Ham will set an example. The key here, to me, is that clubs do have the option to be better for their fans. Agreed that they over pay here, by a lot, the players. I think they need to alter their mentality.

Yes the 100 quid season tickets even though they will be at Olympic Park, the tickets are for Orient's ground.:hihi::hihi:

All joking apart like Tim says this is an interesting one, as if they take off others may follow I hope so.