Android coder? please help

I'll do it!

Best I can offer you for your idea is to put your name in the credits.

I cant believe all you so called "coders" are not even remotely interested in this idea. It could be the last thing you ever have to code till you sail off into the sunset with your millions.

Maybe your coder "wannabe's" and just all pulling my leg, or have a massive lack of confidence in the job ;)

If I could do it i'd jump at the chance.

I'm always interested in coding.

I'm a Java coder. Not an Android coder. Not that I haven't done it for fun. Not that wouldn't be hard to take the jump to Android development.

But I've got my own ideas. I don't want to waste my spare time, time that is my free time after an exhausting day at work, developing for the company I work for, doing more work on an idea I know nothing about, with no idea what the result's going to be, because the person just has an "idea".

Ideas that make "millions" in the idea of the person with the idea are available... well... by the million.

I bet they won't only have to code. My guess is they'll have to at least do analysis and design as well. If you don't know what they mean in a software development context then you are definitely underestimating what you'll be asking them to do.

Absolutely agree. I think this really misunderstands what is involved in writing software. I've been through the mill with considering app ideas in the past and in both cases it turned out to be 2 weeks work or more to get something basic going, which if I did it in my spare time would take me several months. To get something that I'd be happy to release, analysed, designed, coded, tested would be months or even years of elapsed time. One of the apps was actually a really good idea but I decided it was simply too much work especially as I've not worked with android much.

If your idea is really that good then approach a professional app developing company with a concrete design. That way you'll get something developed in a reasonable time frame. You're unlikely to get a professional developer to do this in spare time as they won't have any time. A hobbyist? You're unlikely to get one who knows what they're doing!

Edited by TimmyR

And just regarding how much time is worth, the current day rate for a competent Java developer in S Yorks is £350 - £400 a day. Plus VAT.

And even relatively small software projects are measured in man months, commercial projects are generally man years, and not just one or two!

I'm really tempted to say I'll have a go as I've been looking for a project to get me going on an Android app.

However, I only have basic knowledge of developing Android apps, fairly good knowledge of Java, and limited spare time. So the risk would be actually agreeing to get me to do it rather than me not getting any return on the investment of my time.

PM me if you're willing to take the risk.

jon

P.s. I spent a year training as a patent attorney (gave it up...) so might be able to offer my 2 pennies worth in that regard also.

This is the problem i'm having..

I have (what I believe) is a good idea, but don't have the knowledge or tools to develop it myself, have offered 50/50 split etc, but no one seems interested unless I can pay them..

if I could afford to pay them, I wouldn't be here...

Then there's all the license and publishing fees...

This is the problem i'm having..

I have (what I believe) is a good idea, but don't have the knowledge or tools to develop it myself, have offered 50/50 split etc, but no one seems interested unless I can pay them..

if I could afford to pay them, I wouldn't be here...

Then there's all the license and publishing fees...

You could learn the skills...create a prototype etc

Levi Roots had the idea. Needed help implementing and progressing his vision.

Despite the sauce's popularity it took another 16 years of rejection from banks and businesses to invest in the product who thought it looked and sounded "too black".

Look at him now!!!!!

It does not matter if its a car, sauce, app etc.... The idea is first and foremost!

---------- Post added 19-08-2014 at 02:05 ----------

He is a multi millionaire holding 60% of the business.

---------- Post added 19-08-2014 at 02:11 ----------

How did Facebook start?????