Another good forum user lost- RIP Wallbuilder *funeral details added*

This thread has shown me that theres plenty of good folk on here, not just argumentative bullies. For all you lot to post such nice messages about someone most of you probably never met is heartwarming. I never met the bloke, ive never heard of him but he must have been a really decent chap to get this sort of response.

RIP Wallbuilder. :)

Of course there are good folk. I think almost everyone in here are good people.

-

I once suggested to my Dad (who is in his mid 70s) to join here, because I thought he'd like it, because he's quite knowledgeable. He read a bit on here, and he later said to me 'you know Ash, I used to be a member of loads of forums, we chatted like all of these conversations in here... they were called pubs'.

I think that summed it up for me. I think it's all pub banter in here (which years ago would have included the serious stuff we chat in here), but just using computers. OK, sometimes people go a bit far, but is that any different to real pubs, then or now?

It's almost a 'modern day community' in some ways. It might sound a bit sad, but that's the way things are. We don't all go to pubs every night like people did in my Dad's time. I think posters in here are just the modern day version of people who used to like discussing things in those pubs.

To me, an old time poster who was respected, is like the guy in the pub that you see regularly, but sometimes don't talk to. Just 'nod'.

All these people deserve at the very least, a RIP post.

Edited by *_ash_*

My condolences to his family and friends

Sorry to have missed posting with such a nice guy

R.I.P. Roy

FUNERAL DETAILS

For anyone wishing to attend Roy's funeral:

Roy’s funeral will take place at Hutcliffe Wood Crematorium on Friday 1st August at 15:00 (and then at the Abbey Pub, on the corner of Abbey Lane and Chesterfield Road).

Joy (his younger sister) would love to see Roy’s friends there, to celebrate and give thanks for Roy’s life. She would also be very grateful if people would pass this information on to anyone they know who knew Roy (whether recently or long ago) – it’s clear that Roy knew a great many people and the family feels unable to make all the necessary contacts.

No flowers by request, thank you. Any donations, if desired, to South Yorkshire Animal Rescue (c/o Lunts Funeral Directors).

Joy would be very happy to receive any tributes (which it may, or may not, be possible to incorporate into the service). She doesn’t ‘do’ Facebook, but can be contacted at: joy DOT waller AT btinternet DOT com. It would be really helpful if you could let Joy know if you plan to attend (as she has absolutely no idea of numbers for catering).

I will be attending, and so far I have four spare seats in the car (including middle of the back seat) so if anyone wants to go and isn't sure how they could get there, as long as you're not too far out of the way (I'll be coming from Crookesmoor) I can give lifts :)

Edited by Lotti

I didn't personally know Wallbuilder, but how sad to lose yet another much loved member, it will be a great loss to the forum.

R.I.P Wallbuilder x

Just popped in for a visit and noticed this announcement. Wallbuilder seemed like a truly nice guy ... I enjoyed his forum contributions and am sorry to hear about his death.

I remember Wallbuilder as a regular contributor when I joined SF in '95.

He, Strix and I used to have a little banter here and there. He often mentioned his dog Max.

RIP Wallbuilder.