Another good forum user lost- RIP Wallbuilder *funeral details added*

RIP Wallbuilder.............:(

just noticed this thread stuck away at the top :(

R.I.P Wallbuilder

A popular character on this forum.My condolences to his family and friends.RIP Wallbuilder.

Thanks for posting this. What sad news. I met Roy a few times and we worked together on the rock reunited project for several years where we posted pictures of the regulars who visited Rebels, Penthouse and other rock venues in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

Many people in those days (1980) knew him as "Andy's Dad" and he worked part time in the KGB club which used to be put on in the Ballroom of the Abbeydale Picture House before it became a snooker club.

He was a shy man and didn't feel that he could come to regular SF meets, but he was a regular poster and persuaded me to join SF in the first place. Ten years ago in 2004.

Despite what I say, I didn't know him that well. He preferred to communicate by email or PM. But he was always walking around woodseats and abbeydale with his Black Dog Max. That's how I remember him.

Rock on mate! Rest in Peace.

It is still up and here is a picture of Roy when he was a younger man stood by a Ford Cortina. On the first page. He's the one with the glasses on the Right Hand Side of the picture with a timing gun in his hand.

http://www.rockreunited.co.uk/

the other guy in the pic ive forgotten the name of but he later worked the doors in the wap and had the dog taz?

Thanks for posting this. What sad news. I met Roy a few times and we worked together on the rock reunited project for several years where we posted pictures of the regulars who visited Rebels, Penthouse and other rock venues in the 70s, 80s and 90s.

Many people in those days (1980) knew him as "Andy's Dad" and he worked part time in the KGB club which used to be put on in the Ballroom of the Abbeydale Picture House before it became a snooker club.

He was a shy man and didn't feel that he could come to regular SF meets, but he was a regular poster and persuaded me to join SF in the first place. Ten years ago in 2004.

Despite what I say, I didn't know him that well. He preferred to communicate by email or PM. But he was always walking around woodseats and abbeydale with his Black Dog Max. That's how I remember him.

Rock on mate! Rest in Peace.

It is still up and here is a picture of Roy when he was a younger man stood by a Ford Cortina. On the first page. He's the one with the glasses on the Right Hand Side of the picture with a timing gun in his hand.

http://www.rockreunited.co.uk/

After seeing your link to rockreunited it is quite possible i met him at sometime has a lot of those places were my regular haunts in the eighties.I still see Dave Tollerfield now and again through work.

RIP Wallbuilder. Condolances to your family. I never met you in real life, but you were a very familiar person on here to me.

Yep RIP Old man Roy. If you ever saw a flash during the 1980s you knew it would be him with his camera

RIP to a dear friend. I will miss you so very much x

I am so shocked to hear this news. I have known Roy for over 30 years and although we haven't seen much of each other recently, we would often chat on the phone. I can't believe I'll never hear his voice again.

Roy was a great friend to me and helped me through some very difficult times. He had a brilliant attitude to life, and was a lovely, helpful and generous man. RIP.

This thread has shown me that theres plenty of good folk on here, not just argumentative bullies. For all you lot to post such nice messages about someone most of you probably never met is heartwarming. I never met the bloke, ive never heard of him but he must have been a really decent chap to get this sort of response.

RIP Wallbuilder. :)

Oh no, another one gone.

I never really crossed paths with WallBuilder (roy) but he always consistently wrote with sense and humour.

Honestly gutted to hear he has passed away.

RIP ROY. We'll miss you.