Another warm pleasant evening spoiled

Its a strange phenomena seemingly unique to the UK. All countries produce thick people but ours is seemingly the only one where they rejoice their stupidity.

No idea why:confused:

Its a strange phenomena seemingly unique to the UK. All countries produce thick people but ours is seemingly the only one where they rejoice their stupidity.

No idea why:confused:

Some people even pay good money to rejoice in music of various kinds. I believe it is a custom enjoyed by all societies the world over. Maybe it is only the young who are foolish enough to share their joy.

When living in Broomhall some of our "stoodent" neighbours thought it was fun to play loud music until 5a.m.

They did not find it as funny when i repaid the compliment at 10.00 till 17.00 when they were trying to sleep it off.

I just turned the c.d. player up full, pointed the speakers at their wall and put on Motorhead at full volume and hit repeat then went out for the day. They said sorry!

Well played sir

When living in Broomhall some of our "stoodent" neighbours thought it was fun to play loud music until 5a.m.

They did not find it as funny when i repaid the compliment at 10.00 till 17.00 when they were trying to sleep it off.

I just turned the c.d. player up full, pointed the speakers at their wall and put on Motorhead at full volume and hit repeat then went out for the day. They said sorry!

Well done busdriver1, a taste of their own medicine.

A few years ago my sister and late brother in law were kept awake by neighbours returning from pubs/clubs at ridiculous hours on a regular basis. They then started slamming car doors, laughing loudly and shouting to each other (These were social workers and teachers, by the way).

Eventually the neighbours got sick of this, 2/3 of them got together and did the same thing outside their houses - at 5 o'clock in the morning when they were going to work. They soon got the message.

Some people even pay good money to rejoice in music of various kinds. I believe it is a custom enjoyed by all societies the world over. Maybe it is only the young who are foolish enough to share their joy.

How on earth did you extrapolate that from what I wrote :loopy:

I regularly see a Zafira GSI near me and they have the most powerful sound system I have ever heard, they even have it at full pelt when all the kids are in and the little baby is strapped in its car seat, windows up both adults smoking away :rolleyes:

Oh Dear. Rain stopped, moronic music started. Am I the only one who's dreading long warm summer evenings?

I love Hüsker Dü at mad volume but I guess other people don't when they're trying to relax in their gardens. I know I don't. I don't even want to hear music I like at such times, not even the gentle stuff, just the twitter of birds and the hum of insects.

Why do other some other people have such a problem with the idea of using headphones? Try them, they're a fantastic invention!

The other no-neck, jut-jaw British Summer traditions are enjoying careful observance this year too:

- standing in the street shaking a red belly and bellowing incoherently

- burning car tyres and old leaves at midday so that neighbours have the choice of dying from smoke inhalation or dying of heat exhaustion

- The yapping dog in the night time and it's owner's contrapuntal "fhurRRNN' SHURRRRRUP!!". All night, every night, all Summer, every Summer.

Thanks fellow citizens, I know I can always rely on you.

How on earth did you extrapolate that from what I wrote :loopy:

My weird sense of humour Johny.

I have lots of noise issues in my area, alarms in the broadfield industrial estate which I've reported loads over the last couple of years to that 101 number but as I don't know which business it is the council won't do anything, and again tonight someone somewhere seems to be playing very loud thumping base music all night long, I've called 101 but I don't expect they'll do anything as usual, I live S8 0YE just off abbydale rd near the broadfield pub. Looks like yet another sleepless nights ahead, Agh I need to get out of this area asap!

music coming from a house that upto the local council to sort out if its on a st /rd then the police can deal with it ,or should . residents of page hall and eastwood have had years of tenants playing music every night all year round , drives you crazy .

My neighbour always pulls up in her car with the music blaring out late at night. She has the windows shut, and I have my bedroom window shut. It wouldnt be so bad if she didn't have to turn around at the end of the road next to my house, and then spend several minutes in the car before turning off the engine and the music. Why not turn the music down as you get close to home if the hour is late so it doesn't disturb people?

Some people just don't have any consideration for others.