Another warm pleasant evening spoiled

There is one thing that sticks out a mile in this thread and its not only this thread, nobody has the back bone to go and confront them thats why they do it, they know that you wont do anything, you deserve what you get dont cry about it, and please dont say its some body else's responsibility.

Sorry, got to disagree, had it out with a neighbour, knew full well his reputation for being a complete nutter (as in he get barred from the local for beating his pregnant girlfriend up on new years eve in the middle of the pub), tried to be socialable about it to the extent of even inviting him and his chavette round to see what it sounded like from our side.

that night it was even louder and could hear them laughing and shouting "turn it up lets f em off even more"

Complained to the retard of a landlord who was only bothered about money and didnt give a monkeys.

Got so bad that the missus and the kids used to go sleep at her mums when i was working on nights.

Tried to be civil and got absolutely nowhere, some people just have no respect for anyone, as long as they are partying they dont care and if you complain you get abuse either verbal or potentially physical. No matter how you approach them then they just dont give a flying........

Ended up moving house so it may have cost me a shed load of cash but you cant buy peace.

---------- Post added 22-07-2014 at 11:15 ----------

Try this advice for noisy neighbours

that would work if the person was reasonable and respected other people. Unfortunately a lot don't.

from experience i really sympathise with anyone who has noise issues.

I would hate to have to put up with noise. The problem is that the kind of people who make noise are the kind of people who generally won't listen to reason. Those of you with bad neighbours have all my sympathy.

We had the "lets throw loads of damp privet on the fire" neighbours last night. A couple of streets over, but the stink was vile.

Sorry, got to disagree, had it out with a neighbour, knew full well his reputation for being a complete nutter (as in he get barred from the local for beating his pregnant girlfriend up on new years eve in the middle of the pub), tried to be socialable about it to the extent of even inviting him and his chavette round to see what it sounded like from our side.

that night it was even louder and could hear them laughing and shouting "turn it up lets f em off even more"

Complained to the retard of a landlord who was only bothered about money and didnt give a monkeys.

Got so bad that the missus and the kids used to go sleep at her mums when i was working on nights.

Tried to be civil and got absolutely nowhere, some people just have no respect for anyone, as long as they are partying they dont care and if you complain you get abuse either verbal or potentially physical. No matter how you approach them then they just dont give a flying........

Ended up moving house so it may have cost me a shed load of cash but you cant buy peace.

No what i was talking about is, 'normal' people playing loud music you can never reason with people like you had to deal with, But joe bloggs playing loud music if it annoyed me on a regular basis the first thing i would do is go and tell him his music is rather loud, and take it from there.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Fixed quotes

No what i was talking about is, 'normal' people playing loud music you can never reason with people like you had to deal with, But joe bloggs playing loud music if it annoyed me on a regular basis the first thing i would do is go and tell him his music is rather loud, and take it from there.

We did exactly that, after being treated to a racket from the garden next door soon after we moved in. The neighbour did her best but her teenage son continued when she was out. We dreaded her going on holiday. Once he got into regular work it happened less often, and eventually he moved out. We are now able to enjoy being outside in our garden, and we aren't kept awake by the thumping bass in the early hours. We almost got a solicitor after finding out from other neighbours how long it had been going on, as the previous owners of our house had lied on the questionnaire that they filled in. Neighbours told us that noise nuisance had been a problem for them.

I responded to tenants suffering noise nuisance as part of my job in housing, and it's one of the most stressful issues for neighbours who are often fearful of repercussions if they dare complain. A party once in a while can be tolerated, but regular loud music and other noise can become unbearable. In the good old days ;) a quick visit from the local bobby was all it usually took to quieten things down, but nowadays weeks and months of evidence is needed before any action is taken by the authorities.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
missed a bit!

It seems the principle remains the same, in pockets around the world, with only minor changes in brands and slang terms. ...but where would one go in Australia, to find weather cold enough to keep the mouthbreathers indoors?

Tasmania is pretty cold, wet and wild most of the year!

How do you say "can I come and live here please?" in Tasmanian?

Errr, isn't English the predominant language in Tasmania?

Huh, dude please !

The Tasmans speak Tasmanian in Tasmania. Did you not pay attention in goegraphpy or something?

I am deaf, I can't hear anything without my hearing aids.

One big advantage of being deaf (among the many disadvantages) is that I take out my hearing aids at 11pm and so never hear any anti social loud music or other noises.

I do sympathise with those who suffer, my neighbour is one who has another neighbour causing her a lot of grief with their noise. When she has gone to speak to them they say she is just an old nag.

Huh, dude please !

The Tasmans speak Tasmanian in Tasmania. Did you not pay attention in goegraphpy or something?

Remarkable delay in thinking up a reply.

Remarkable delay in thinking up a reply.

And a rubbish one at that.