Where is your God?

I am on my own and need no drugs...

:confused:

You may not be doing drugs, but I'll have a pint of what you're having!

:confused:

You may not be doing drugs, but I'll have a pint of what you're having!

I may sound very different like as if I had a pint because I have experienced a form of inner liberation, a freedom. It certainly sounds very different from what you see and hear elsewhere from usual places where people are, believing, looking, searching for god or liberation.

Everybody can go within, see and experience how you have been blinded, like a blindfold, by continues ongoing thought patterns.

But unless you create that gap in where you can see through that space in where the old habits stop some form of illusion of thinking continues.

I will sound very different and unusual because I no longer react like a robot to things giving standard, usual standard answers. I see what is there and try to put that experience to words, it is stupid in the sense that what I have mentioned here can only be understood when the experience is there, many on this forum are not even interested and that is fine.

I have also been confused about this for many years before until these silences of the mind actually began to happen (edit) naturally.

Just look around, you live in a society where almost everybody is emotionally dependant on a partner family, friends. This society tries very hard to make you emotionally attached, dependant on things like your house, car, clothes, friends, family.

I love my friends and family but I am not dependant on them for me to feel happy. I am free from loneliness and can be happy, loving or hating with them and when nobody is there I do not feel as if they have to be there to fulfil the inner emptiness. When mind stops, it stops being attached to things, the inner emptiness becomes fulfilled and you never feel lonely or poor again.

Searching for god is another distraction that creates attachment and makes you emotionally dependant on thought patterns of your believe fantasies.

This society has created very lonely people, people who start crying because they are missing someone or they wished someone would be with them and love them. Intense feelings of depressing loneliness are very common in this society.

The experience of independent relations when you love, or hate others very much but you are no longer dependant on them is a beautiful experience.

You are on your own, yet everything around you is with and within you.

More energy is available to feel the divineness of everything because you have stopped wasting all your energy on being attached to others.

Edited by dutch

I may sound very different like as if I had a pint because I have experienced a form of inner liberation, a freedom. It certainly sounds very different from what you see and hear elsewhere from usual places where people are, believing, looking, searching for god or liberation.

Everybody can go within, see and experience how you have been blinded, like a blindfold, by continues ongoing thought patterns.

But unless you create that gap in where you can see through that space in where the old habits stop some form of illusion of thinking continues.

I will sound very different and unusual because I no longer react like a robot to things giving standard, usual standard answers. I see what is there and try to put that experience to words, it is stupid in the sense that what I have mentioned here can only be understood when the experience is there, many on this forum are not even interested and that is fine.

I have also be confused about this for many years before until these silences of the mind actually began to happen.

Just look around, you live in a society where almost everybody is emotionally dependant on a partner family, friends. This society tries very hard to make you emotionally attached, dependant on things like your house, car, clothes, fiends, family.

I love my friends and family but I am not dependant on them for me to feel happy. I am free from loneliness and can be happy, loving or hating with them and when nobody is there I do not feel as if they have to be there to fulfil the inner emptiness. When mind stops, it stops being attached to things, the inner emptiness becomes fulfilled and you never feel lonely or poor again.

Searching for god is another distraction that creates attachment and makes you emotionally dependant on thought patterns of your believe fantasies.

This society has created very lonely people, people who start crying because they are missing someone or they wished someone would be with them and love them. Intense feelings of depressing loneliness are very common in this society.

The experience of independent relations when you love, or hate others very much but you are no longer dependant on them is a beautiful experience.

You are on your own, yet everything around you is with and within you.

More energy is available to feel the divineness of everything because you have stopped wasting all your energy on being attached to others.

So what you're saying is, you live alone?

Then follow your own advice and don't dictate to others yourself. Its not up to you to tell others to "forget their Churches, Synagogues or Mosques"

We live in a Country where people are free to to practice their religious beliefs where they wish, they may not choose to attend any places of worship, its entirely up to the individual.

Well, clearly the unthinking adherence to the teachings of the Abrahamic faiths emanating from the buildings I mention has failed.

The embracing of the joys of death by the muslim, the criminal activities of the catholic and the covetousness of the jews are stereotypes created by their adherence to these archaic outmoded indeed silly beliefs.

Clearly people are free to believe what they want, long may it be so. I merely point out that these religions are responsible for the death of millions, hatreds that continue to permeate humanity and show no sign of relenting in the 21st century.

My advice, to anyone who wants it, ignore them, there is no god, live for today, for your family for the wider community. Be happy.

You will never be a fulfilled individual if you believe that there is a better life once you are dead.

Well, clearly the unthinking adherence to the teachings of the Abrahamic faiths emanating from the buildings I mention has failed.

The embracing of the joys of death by the muslim, the criminal activities of the catholic and the covetousness of the jews are stereotypes created by their adherence to these archaic outmoded indeed silly beliefs.

Clearly people are free to believe what they want, long may it be so. I merely point out that these religions are responsible for the death of millions, hatreds that continue to permeate humanity and show no sign of relenting in the 21st century.

My advice, to anyone who wants it, ignore them, there is no god, live for today, for your family for the wider community. Be happy.

You will never be a fulfilled individual if you believe that there is a better life once you are dead.

There you go again dishing out your advice in the same cocksure manner.

I may be mistaken but I detect an undercurrent of bigotry in your first statements.

I don't like to hear stereotyping of people whether they are members of the faiths you mention, another religion, or atheists, and much as you may like to think it, not all of us with a religious belief are fanatical extremist murderers, and not all atheists have been innocent of atrocities either. I'm sure you must be aware of the example they have demonstrated in some places, without me going into it.

Then there's your comment "there is no god" no afterlife, said with such certainty, even the most brilliant of scientist wouldn't say that, knowing it can't be disproved.

As for the "be happy" thing you're on about. You can be happy and fulfilled whether you are religious or non-religious, if you have the right nature and mental attitude, but its ridiculous to expect to be happy all the time when unpredictable painful situations occur, as they do to everyone at stages in life.

Edited by janie48

I don't like to hear stereotyping of people whether they are members of the faiths you mention, another religion, or atheists, and much as you may like to think it, not all of us with a religious belief are fanatical extremist murderers

True. You merely support/enable them. :D

...and not all atheists have been innocent of atrocities either.

Atrocities? Examples, please.

I'm sure you must be aware of the example they have demonstrated in some places, without me going into it.

I'd appreciate you going into it. Only, quite often, such claims turn out to be fallacious, and I'd like to be sure that your unsupported claims are not amongst them.

To save time, Adolf Hitler was a lifelong catholic. You could't join the SS if you were not a practicing catholic. "It should be noted that the only Nazi to be formally excommunicated from the church was Joseph Goebbels -- on the basis that he had married a Protestant, Magda Goebbels." http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Positive_Christianity

Then there's your comment "there is no god" no afterlife, said with such certainty, even the most brilliant of scientist wouldn't say that, knowing it can't be disproved.

Some theists claim "there is god", there is afterlife, said with such certainty, even the most brilliant of scientist wouldn't say that, knowing it can't be disproved. (Tu quoque.)

and not all atheists have been innocent of atrocities either.

Atrocities? Examples, please.

Of course atheists commit atrocities, being without belief in gods doesn't guarantee you are a 'good' person. The main difference is that people don't tend to commit atrocities because they are an atheist.

To save time, Adolf Hitler was a lifelong catholic. You could't join the SS if you were not a practicing catholic. "It should be noted that the only Nazi to be formally excommunicated from the church was Joseph Goebbels -- on the basis that he had married a Protestant, Magda Goebbels." http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Positive_Christianity

Confusing... from your own link Hitler was hardly a Roman Catholic Church.

He was raised catholic and even thought of becoming a priest at one point, but later came to despise the Roman Catholic Church.

The link does not even mention the SS.

the SS had an anti-clerical agenda. No chaplains were allowed in its units (although they were allowed in the regular army). Himmler established a special unit in the Sicherheitsdienst to identify and eliminate Cathoilic influences.

nazi rank and file were mostly christians, they even had gott mit uns on their belt buckles and other paraphanalia, and used to have their planes, ships armies and tanks blessed etc etc. in the same way as other western miltary do. But many of the nazi hierachy were into the occult and paganism although one might summise that some of them just went along with that to 'fit in'.

Maybe you don't believe in God maybe u don't see evidence but for another of people he is a source of strength. I am christian and believe but I have had challenging times and believe that he has a path for us all. Every one entitled to opinion and beleif

Maybe you don't believe in God maybe u don't see evidence but for another of people he is a source of strength. I am christian and believe but I have had challenging times and believe that he has a path for us all. Every one entitled to opinion and beleif

Why do you believe that?

Your belief in your particular brand of imaginary magic man in the sky is your source of strength. (Unless you have any evidence that it actually exists, of course.)

---------- Post added 28-08-2014 at 16:42 ----------

Of course atheists commit atrocities, being without belief in gods doesn't guarantee you are a 'good' person. The main difference is that people don't tend to commit atrocities because they are an atheist.

I didn't say there were no atrocities committed by atheists. I asked for examples because many atrocities commonly attributed to atheists were actually committed by theists.

---------- Post added 28-08-2014 at 16:49 ----------

Confusing... from your own link Hitler was hardly a Roman Catholic Church.

He was raised catholic and even thought of becoming a priest at one point, but later came to despise the Roman Catholic Church.

The link does not even mention the SS.

the SS had an anti-clerical agenda. No chaplains were allowed in its units (although they were allowed in the regular army). Himmler established a special unit in the Sicherheitsdienst to identify and eliminate Cathoilic influences.

nazi rank and file were mostly christians, they even had gott mit uns on their belt buckles and other paraphanalia, and used to have their planes, ships armies and tanks blessed etc etc. in the same way as other western miltary do. But many of the nazi hierachy were into the occult and paganism although one might summise that some of them just went along with that to 'fit in'.

Hitler's Christianity

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm

Edited by redwhine

Cfusing... from your own link Hitler was hardly a Roman Catholic Church.

Chistopher Hitchens (PBUH) had a good line about the relationship between anti-Semitic fascism and the Catholic church:

f you’re writing about the history of the 1930s and the rise of totalitarianism, you can take out the word ‘fascist’, if you want, for Italy, Portugal, Spain, Czechoslovakia and Austria and replace it with ‘extreme-right Catholic party’.

“Almost all of those regimes were in place with the help of the Vatican and with understandings from the Holy See. It’s not denied. These understandings quite often persisted after the Second World War was over and extended to comparable regimes in Argentina and elsewhere.”

Edited by flamingjimmy