Where is your God?

Physically I don't suppose we've changed much at all in the past few thousand years, but uniquely in all of nature, human minds and intelligence has evolved exponentially, we've sent men to the moon, split the atom, and we all, to varying degrees, have the luxury of living rather than just existing thanks to modern agricultural methods providing an abundance of food, social housing and health care etc.

You appear to be mistaking knowledge and learning for evolution.

While we're on the subject, I thought this might interest you...

"With some evolutionary irony, the past 10,000 years of human existence actually shrank our brains"

...from here http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-has-human-brain-evolved/

Every living material has a purpose.

What do you see around you? everything outside, and inside your home are there as a result of the gifts of nature.

The worms that burrow in to peoples' eyes have a purpose. Mosquitoes have a purpose. Did you know they are the single biggest killer of people on the planet? One million people a year dead. God loves you.

You appear to be mistaking knowledge and learning for evolution.

OK fair enough, so how come only humanity has experienced knowledge and learning while animals still lick their balls!?

While we're on the subject, I thought this might interest you...

"With some evolutionary irony, the past 10,000 years of human existence actually shrank our brains"

...from here http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-has-human-brain-evolved/

Don't have time to study that fully but a glance it does look interesting.

OK fair enough, so how come only humanity has experienced knowledge and learning while animals still lick their balls!?

Animals DO "experience" knowledge & learning.

Humans pick their noses, bully/prey on others, masturbate, and hold primitive beliefs. Some also actually do lick their balls (it's a form of autofellatio).

Edited by RootsBooster
typing error

The worms that burrow in to peoples' eyes have a purpose. Mosquitoes have a purpose. Did you know they are the single biggest killer of people on the planet? One million people a year dead. God loves you.
What a stupid sarcastic comment, are you suggesting I rejoice about all those people dying.

I would like to see all dangerous species such as mosquitoes eradicated, but what I'm saying is that in the past fish and birds would probably not have survived without them.

What a stupid sarcastic comment, are you suggesting I rejoice about all those people dying.

I would like to see all dangerous species such as mosquitoes eradicated, but what I'm saying is that in the past fish and birds would probably not have survived without them.

No offence dear, but we are the most dangerous creatures on earth by far.

No offence dear, but we are the most dangerous creatures on earth by far.
Can't disagree with that!

..............................................................................................................................................

So Ebola is a gift?

No-one said it was a welcome gift.

Then again if you think something that could potentially kill more people than the black death would provide us with a substantial reduction in the number of hominids* in the world as being a good thing ..then maybe it is a gift.

Villages are being quarantined, next it will be towns cities and countries. When there is no-one left willing to help them they will try to get out and a fearful populace will shoot them.

The Zombie film makers in their hollywood mansions will have a whole new sub-genre to play with.

Makes you think. If ebola goes global will that be the fourth of horsemen, where AIDS failed, the other three are already widespread and are not going away anytime soon.

Makes you think. If ebola goes global will that be the fourth of horsemen, where AIDS failed, the other three are already widespread and are not going away anytime soon.

That depends on your interpretation of the four horsemen.

For some reason, somewhere along the lines, the horseman known as "Conquest" was altered to "Pestilence".

What about goddesses you sexist woman hater ! :rant:

I agree. Has a druid god is a goddess and mother nature is all around. In every leaf, every petal of every flower and so on....

1/when your brain stops your dead

2if the mind as stopped your dead

.stop taking drugs and hanging about with the hari krishnas..

If you could stop thinking completely, how could you start again? You'd need some type of thought or conscious cognitive act to command your mind to resume its normal activity. Wouldn't the mere fact of being able to summon up such a command indicate that you hadn't really succeeded in going totally blank?

Your brain is more alive, more energy is available for live when you stop going yap yap yap thinking about all sort of stuff with a mind that is mistakenly believing it is in charge and the owner of things.

I am on my own and need no drugs, also made it very clear before that you need to experience the silent gaps without thinking to understand them. Without experiencing there is no point in discussing this on a forum. Much more than that is needed to come to the understanding that your mind is only a servant to you.

You are the boss but cannot even tell the servant to stop for a minute because it keeps on going even when you ask it to stop the minds goes yap yap yap yap.

It is possible to find gaps and create growing spaces again for that process to stop.

When that happens it feels more like moving vertical in consciousness than going on horizontal in old reoccurring old thought processes.

To understand such a thing you need to experience it, I can say what I want but it is not going to make any difference, I cannot do it for you, either you see where mind goes silent and consciousness grows or it will just go on yap yap yap yap yap yap.

And it is better to stay away from organisations or believes, they will not help. Drugs are useless, they may give you illusions through manipulating your chemistry but at the same time close all the doors.

Edited by dutch