Attacked by eggs in Shirecliffe from car

I feel that any contribution I make to this thread may be unwelcome ... in the interest of the utmost civility, I therefore will not comment. :|

(although I'd be interested how someone 'throwing eggs in the opposite direction' managed to hit the OP in the first place). :|

I feel that any contribution I make to this thread may be unwelcome ... in the interest of the utmost civility, I therefore will not comment. :|

(although I'd be interested how someone 'throwing eggs in the opposite direction' managed to hit the OP in the first place). :|

Then I will enlighten you...

I was going up the hill, the car driver was going down it so therefore in the opposite direction from me..

I'll give you an hour or so to think about it :help:

---------- Post added 17-07-2014 at 20:40 ----------

Eggs (THIS TIME) but around twelve months ago i was attacked in the same area (just off from the moonshine roundabout) by some yobs in a car but instead of eggs they thumped my at the back of my head while i was cycling, with something hard as they overtook me in a car.

as you would expect i was thrown off and ended up sprawled in the middle of shirecliffe road stunned!. All i know it was a blue car possibly a fiesta.

there was no point in reporting it as none stopped and as i recovered my senses at the side of the road i had a badly cut leg, so my first thought was getting home and taking care of that.

This is why its important to stop these idiots doing this kind of thing...I have had things thrown from cars at me before and its common but sometimes people get hurt like yourself, if you went up to a stranger in the street and punched them you would be arrested, the same apllies to these scumbags but some people can't see that on here....Hope you recovered quickly and got back on your bike

Edited by Cycleracer

Sorry this happened to you Paul. It isn't a joke, it's full on assault and should be treated as such.

Let me make this clear - any more so called jokes/bickering or name calling will result in suspensions.

Those links that Angus Prune posted make very uncomfortable reading. What happened to you today could happen to any of us and this sort of crime should definitely be taken very seriously. I hope this incident doesn't ruin your joy of cycling.

Sorry this happened to you Paul. It isn't a joke, it's full on assault and should be treated as such.

I would Coutts if I could get through it just keeps ringing....I'm realistic enough to know they won't be caught but I find this a serious assault even if others don't...For the record i'm glad no vunerable person was attacked like some old lady that attack was set up for the first person to be in there way

---------- Post added 17-07-2014 at 22:21 ----------

Those links that Angus Prune posted make very uncomfortable reading. What happened to you today could happen to any of us and this sort of crime should definitely be taken very seriously. I hope this incident doesn't ruin your joy of cycling.

It won't for the record I've been targeted before so its nothing new and so have numerous other cyclists, I love my bike and this won't make any difference BUT a message to anyone who is reading this and has or is thinking of doing this for a laugh that think again because you can seriously damage someone or even kill them.

It won't for the record I've been targeted before so its nothing new and so have numerous other cyclists, I love my bike and this won't make any difference BUT a message to anyone who is reading this and has or is thinking of doing this for a laugh that think again because you can seriously damage someone or even kill them.

It's so dangerous when you think about it. Someone throwing anything especially at a cyclist on the road who could be taken by such surprise, even if not hurt by the impact, could fall off their bike into the path of oncoming traffic or collide with another vehicle, so many dangerous and potentially deadly possibilities.

From what I've learned today if anyone throws anything at you it's a 999 call immediately. It should be taken very seriously by the police regardless of what is hurled at a person. I'm glad it won't ruin your love of cycling and hope some wearable cam tech comes out to catch these idiots.

This happened to me outside my front door in Crookes a couple of years back. I was trying to unlock my door to get in from work and felt a number of things hit me. It was winter so I initially thought I'd been snowballed. It's only once I got inside my partner asked me why I was covered in broken eggs! To be honest I laughed it off at the time but if it happened again I wouldn't be so tolerate. Let's hope eggs don't strike twice!

This could have resulted in serious injury or death. Those that hurl objects at drivers/cyclists need to be swiftly dealth with.

Thank you for doing that research. Three people partially blinded by egg throwers - I wonder if those making egg jokes think this is funny.

I don't have any morells