Attacked by eggs in Shirecliffe from car

My granddaughter got hit by an egg from a passing car with 3 youths in, we reported it to the police never heard anything 2yrs later, she was only 14 at the time and we had to take her to the hospital as her arm was so swollen. Fortunately it was only badly bruised.

I also had eggs thrown at my car this week in Hillsborough, as did a few of my friends. This was by a group of lads in their late teens/early twenties all wearing masks in 2 different cars. The police were informed and it turns out the lads pinched the eggs from Asda. Asda had also reported the theft to the police.

Eggs are bad enough, but to think these idiots are driving about in cars worries me more.

It's more serious than it sounds - eggs, snowballs whatever - just because they don't DIRECTLY cause injury in most cases.

A few years ago I was waiting at a junction - on my bicycle - behind 3 cars at a red light. I would have been first at the lights except for someone doing something - I forget what exactly - that forced me to pull in, but as it turns out they did me a favour.

A car coming across the junction was snowballed, the driver was hit through an open window and the car veered across the road and smashed - with quite an impact - into the front car waiting at the lights. In the exact space that I would have been. I doubt I'd have walked away if I'd been at the head of the queue

But it was "only kids having a bit of fun"

Eggs are bad enough, but to think these idiots are driving about in cars worries me more.

I agree ... I think you can catch bird-flu and parotitis from eggs.

Sorry Paul, i do sympathise, but most of my sympathy goes out the door when someone trots out the line "It could have been a pensioner/child/etc etc". I personally have never heard mention of said act being perpetrated against either age group.

Give them time Megalithic. I am a pensioner who had to move after six years of similar "pranks". One youngster screamed at the police and myself "I was only throwing f***ing stones" in genuine indignation because he had no concept of the stress he was causing or that there was anything wrong in his behaviour.

It was the other way round with me. I was walking on Elm Lane towards Sheffield lane top and a youth cyclist, whilst riding on the pavement, landed me a right punch on my shoulder. After passing, he turned round and gave me a two finger sign. btw. I was in my seventies.

Edited by longleyman

It was the other way round with me. I was walking on Elm Lane towards Sheffield lane top and a youth cyclist, whilst riding on the pavement, landed me a right punch on my shoulder. After passing, he turned round and gave me a two finger sign. btw. I was in my seventies.

Thats not common but it does happen no doubt it was a scrote probably on a nicked bike..No sensible cyclist I.E the type I hang around with would ever do that, again its assault

The chavs are breeding and bringing up more chavs just at a time when falling Police resources mean incidents like this are not able to be dealt with. Plus all the Roma and similar associated problems means society is going to be in big, big trouble very soon.