Attacked by eggs in Shirecliffe from car

I was cycling to work this evening about 17.30 and was attacked by someone throwing eggs in the opposite direction.

I know this might seem to some like a funny act but the truth is it hit my neck area and covered me in the stuff, it hurt and hurt a lot the power they hit you with from a car in the opposite direction is immence and had it been higher could have blinded me.

This was a un-provoked attack on a cyclist and i'm treating this as an assault.

The incident happened on Norwood Avenue near to the shops at the top, I was attacked by 3 drunken yobs about 18 months ago on the same road on my scooter.

It was a light green car and i think it was a saloon but thats all I have, maybe these scumbags might start bragging how brave they were attacking an inocent cyclist because they were eggs and more than one the attack was obviously planned for the first person on foot or bike and i've no doubt some poor pensioner may have got attacked people like them have no morells.

Edited by Cycleracer

Come on guys not really a laughing matter is it when somebody has been hurt. Egg or not it was a projectile thrown at a moving object from a moving object which in theory potentially could make it as harmful as a stone. It might seem like a harmless or fun act to some but the simple fact is something like this could quite easily seriously injure somebody if not kill somebody. Thankfully despite getting hurt it seems the OP luckily escaped more serious injury however never the less whoever did this need educating in a potential harm that they could cause.

Hey, I was agreeing with you there!

There's no need to resort to name calling just because I had a bit of finger trouble.

I'm sorry you were hurt...

... but now so am I. :(

Have you read the thread about the liitle girl getting knocked down and the driver running off poor girl lost her teeth and poor old Eric who was killed by a drink driver at 69 mph, its the same type of people driving cars that throw things at cyclists at speed...Go and read it and joke about that :loopy:

I was cycling to work this evening about 17.30 and was attacked by someone throwing eggs in the opposite direction.

I know this might seem to some like a funny act but the truth is it hit my neck and head area and covered me in the stuff, it hurt and hurt a lot the power they hit you with from a car in the opposite direction is immence and had it been higher could have blinded me.

This was a un-provoked attack on a cyclist and i'm treating this as an assault.

The incident happened on Norwood Avenue near to the shops at the top, I was attacked by 3 drunken yobs about 18 months ago on the same road on my scooter.

It was a light green car and i think it was a saloon but thats all I have, maybe these scumbags might start bragging how brave they were attacking an inocent cyclist because they were eggs and more than one the attack was obviously planned for the first person on foot or bike and i've no doubt some poor pensioner may have got attacked people like them have no morells.

Paul,

Sorry you got hurt but it could have been a lot worse as you say, get it reported before someone is hurt badly. I am not being funny or making a joke, but this forum is the LAST place to come for understanding.

Pete

Sorry you were hurt OP. Why people think eggs are OK as a missile or in some way funny is beyond me. At the worst, you can be injured, or at the least covered in gunk, soaked and humiliated. What kind of fool thinks this a joke? Thuggish attack by nasty people.

Sorry Paul, i do sympathise, but most of my sympathy goes out the door when someone trots out the line "It could have been a pensioner/child/etc etc". I personally have never heard mention of said act being perpetrated against either age group.

Paul,

Sorry you got hurt but it could have been a lot worse as you say, get it reported before someone is hurt badly. I am not being funny or making a joke, but this forum is the LAST place to come for understanding.

Pete

Maybe that someone has this incident on CCTV or there was a witness who uses this forum, maybe theres some CCTV of the registration, maybe they have attacked someone else who where more seriously hurt than I was so thats why I put it on this forum.

I know this forum is infested with trolls and unfunny comedians but just maybe they may get caught through this, so this forum is the right place to put it

I'm not sure being the target of an egg throwing incident justifies the OP to go around calling people names though...

... and why do I appear to have been victimised here? :roll:

Mr Bloke where's your avatar mate? loved it

Pete

Have you seen the helmet cameras, I know it won't help prevent such incidents but it may help identify them. Ignore the same old reused 'jokes', some of these poster may come up with something original one day.

'Jokes', bickering and insults removed.

Eggs (THIS TIME) but around twelve months ago i was attacked in the same area (just off from the moonshine roundabout) by some yobs in a car but instead of eggs they thumped my at the back of my head while i was cycling, with something hard as they overtook me in a car.

as you would expect i was thrown off and ended up sprawled in the middle of shirecliffe road stunned!. All i know it was a blue car possibly a fiesta.

there was no point in reporting it as none stopped and as i recovered my senses at the side of the road i had a badly cut leg, so my first thought was getting home and taking care of that.