Immigrants a gain or drain?

I quoted a different post

I think "some" immigration is a good thing

I dont see too much of the old Empire doing any better now do you?

When the British left Ghana it had a GDP the same as South Korea - Im sure is a lot higher now isnt it?

When the British Empire was at its height people in this country were starving and struggling to make ends meet. Where did all that lolly go I wonder?

Now the English guy is trying to blame the increase in crime on immigrants!

When the British Empire was at its height people in this country were starving and struggling to make ends meet. Where did all that lolly go I wonder?

Trying to prop the empire up. 39 countries wasn't it?

try again, and dont be silly this time

try again, and dont be silly this time

You obviously didn't wrath Michael Bentine's Putty Time.

Probably not, cos Im not 5 years old.

As a leftist I would have thought you would approve that the Empire's wealth allowed the introduction of the basis of the welfare state in the early 1900s.

As a leftist I would have thought you would approve that the Empire's wealth allowed the introduction of the basis of the welfare state in the early 1900s.

I'm off to ped, i can't tak yu seriuosley.

The main thing I took from this program was that it is mainly the companies employing immigrants at minimum wage that are to blame. They employ skilled immigrants for minimum wage when they should pay more. Skilled English people would expect more money for the training and skills they have acquired whereas immigrants are earning so much more than in their native country.

Also, how can a landlord be allowed to have 19 people living in one house? Isn't that illegal? This is another reason why immigrants can take minimum wage jobs in areas with high rents.

Didn't last for long though did it. The 2 WW bankrupted the nation and we had to rely on Marshall Aid. That only got paid off a few years ago. What with that and over 50 years of interest as well.

Thank goodness for those immigrants called The Americans.

---------- Post added 16-07-2014 at 22:13 ----------

Also, how can a landlord be allowed to have 19 people living in one house? Isn't that illegal? This is another reason why immigrants can take minimum wage jobs in areas with high rents.

Some landlords aren't aware that their tenants are taking in friends as lodgers.