New Supermarket on Castlebeck Avenue

PUBLIC TO HAVE SAY ON PLAN FOR NEW SUPER MARKET

Ten new jobs would be created if plans for a replacement Lidl on a Sheffield estate get the go-ahead.

The existing store, on Castlebeck Avenue, Manor, would be demolished, with the new store replacing it, if it gets approval.

Residents have been invited to have their say at a consultation event on July 18 at the Alison Business Centre, Alison Crescent.

Planning consultancy Nathaniel Lichfield & Partners are handling the plans for the development.

Director Jonathan Wallace said the current store, which is 18 years old, did not meet current customer expectations.

He said: “We have worked with council officers in order to deliver an attractive new store which provides a more spacious shopping environment.

“The new store would also generate additional jobs.”

Rotherham-born William Hague quits in reshuffle

I've got friends who shop there quite a lot so I'm sure it's going to be a nasty shock if the store is closed for long and when I've been in that particular shop it seems a lot lighter and more spacious than the one on Chesterfield road at Meersbrook