William Hague to stand down from Parliament

now Hague has gone, it is all down to the Tory mafia of Boris George and Dave.

up to you whether you think it sounds like Chas n Dave, or Mary Mungo and Midge.

It doesn't matter what reason you have for voting the way you do, it won't make any difference in the end.

Our Democracy is a myth.

i think ours is better than most and there are changes coming with the strength of UKIP coming to the fore and the fall back of wet liberals

I see that the former 'Chief Executive' of Sheffield City Council Sir Bob Kerslake is to retire as Head of the Civil Service. Is it just me or has there been a proliferation of these Chief Executives of public bodies over the last few years. They're multiplying like bacteria. Hospitals, Colleges, Councils and the like all seem to have to have them - and of course, they command a huge salary. Still I suppose it solves the problem of what to do with all that extra public money :)

Sir Bob wasn't in a specially created position. All Govt departments have a permanent secretary - always have done and that's what he was as well as being the most senior civil servant in the land. It's not a new post created in recent times.

Never took to him, his drones voice has always made me feel uneasy.

Never took to him, his drones voice has always made me feel uneasy.

I thought he sounded like Maggie - scary!

I suspect his heart hasn't been in it since 2010 when hotels banned him from sharing rooms with his teenage male personal assistant. It doesn't look good for the government, especially in light of old events which have been brought to the front of media attention again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1308069/William-Hague-attacked-Sally-Bercow-going-far-dismiss-rumours-sexuality.html

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/sep/01/william-hague-aide-gay-relationship-rumours

he will get plenty of non executive directorships and go on the talk circuit which should net him £1m a year +. Now is the time to cash in.

Who was it who sad in the House of Commons when Mr Hague was not long ago deputising for Mr Cameron at PMQs, that- having run out of leaders- the Conservative Party had decided to go back and re-use all the old ones?

Ken Clarke has gone too, although he probably won't be standing down from his safe Nottingham Tory seat like Hague has stood down from his safe north Yorkshire one.

It doesn't matter what reason you have for voting the way you do, it won't make any difference in the end.

Our Democracy is a myth.

I certainly agree with that one. We have democracy every five years or less.

I certainly agree with that one. We have democracy every five years or less.

Just about every year, surely (Councils).

And those whom we elect are there to represent us. If you've a grievance, tell them.

Good Luck Hague for the future.. may it bring you more millions, at least you would have earnt and deserved it unlike Blair